AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Monbrison Versions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=26937)

Truemaineiac 05-31-2014 05:21 PM

Monbrison Versions

Can anyone list the versions of the Monbrison? I know there was a no window, a window w a green power switch, window with rocker type switch, and an outlined window with conical type selector and volume knobs. What are the production dates for these and any technical differences? Am I missing any?

KenSea 06-01-2014 04:30 PM

Monbrison

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truemaineiac (Post 611266)
Can anyone list the versions of the Monbrison? I know there was a no window, a window w a green power switch, window with rocker type switch, and an outlined window with conical type selector and volume knobs. What are the production dates for these and any technical differences? Am I missing any?

I think the only ones that can help on this is either Jonathan or Matt.

Best,
k

nycjazz 06-01-2014 07:49 PM

"... outlined window with conical type selector and volume knobs"

That is the current version...

guitardave 06-01-2014 10:37 PM

I think the early ones were built all on both sides of a single board, and later ones built in "compartments" like the Masseto. That had to be a huge change.

pitch perfect 06-02-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truemaineiac (Post 611266)

In a way, each and every preamp is unique and special due to it's hand wired nature.

That being said, there have been 2 models specific to the US market over the years. The first model being imported into the US, was reviewed in 2004. This had an opaque faceplate, and different circuit than the current model - which has the popular 'tube window' on the front fascia.

Yes, it has gone through a few aesthetic evolutions over the years in regards to components changes, such as on/off switches, and knobs. Nothing that would change it's 'version' per se.

-Matt

Truemaineiac 06-02-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchperfect (Post 612036)
In a way, each and every preamp is unique and special due to it's hand wired nature. That being said, there have been 2 models specific to the US market over the years. The first model being imported into the US, was reviewed in 2004. This had an opaque faceplate, and different circuit than the current model - which has the popular 'tube window' on the front fascia. Yes, it has gone through a few aesthetic evolutions over the years in regards to components changes, such as on/off switches, and knobs. Nothing that would change it's 'version' per se. -Matt

Thanks Matt, so just an aesthetic styling difference between window versions then if I understand correctly?

kev313 06-03-2014 11:25 AM

Don't forget my model!!!! I had red lights in mine. :)

pitch perfect 06-03-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev313 (Post 612230)
Don't forget my model!!!! I had red lights in mine. :)

Ah yes.... The mysterious and rare as hen's teeth red led version.
:yes:

petrat 07-12-2014 11:34 AM

This might help .... down the page.
Doctorjohn Cheaptubeaudio: Audio Reviews and More: Brand-Shindo

Truemaineiac 07-12-2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrat (Post 622947)

Thanks