AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Ordered a BDP-1 Today! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=9772)

Audio 1 09-02-2011 02:55 PM

Ordered a BDP-1 Today!

This piece has intrigued me for quit a while now, so I decided what the heck and got one on order :banana:
Really looking forward to comparing this to my Mac Mini with Pure Music and the PS Audio PWT :yes:

Masterlu 09-02-2011 03:05 PM

You will love it Buddy, I have two of them in the Cape & one in Florida.

James Tanner - Bryston 09-02-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio 1 (Post 200321)
This piece has intrigued me for quit a while now, so I decided what the heck and got one on order :banana:
Really looking forward to comparing this to my Mac Mini with Pure Music and the PS Audio PWT :yes:

That's great :tresbon: - please let me know what you think of the differences as it is a question that comes up all the time.

james

Dj_AmTraX 09-02-2011 03:16 PM

Yeah, love to hear the comparison in sound and usability.

Audio 1 09-02-2011 03:20 PM

James ....

Thank you for your help on the phone last week and I will definitely report on the differences.
Now I just need my DAC to come back from service and my new speakers to arrive :yes:

I am trying to resist the temptation of the forthcoming Bryston headphone amp :lala:

Masterlu 09-02-2011 03:21 PM

Note to self: Buddy wants the new Bryston Headphone Amp... :laughin:

JohnK 09-02-2011 03:22 PM

:yes: I am also interested in the comparison. :yes:

Lunchy 09-02-2011 06:52 PM

Congrats Buddy! I'm loving my BDP-1, hope you do too! :banana:

James Tanner - Bryston 10-12-2011 10:12 AM

Sent: October-12-11 9:37 AM
To: jamestanner@bryston.ca
Subject: RE: BDP-1
Importance: High

Hello James,

The BDA and BDP is a revelation compared to even my reference $6k and modded Sony cd player.

Once you get the cd s burned to to a external hard drive it is so much more convenient no more cds to scratch, the sound quality is so much more 3 dimentional, and many companys are offering master recordings with much higher resolution digital down loads that remove the limitations of the now outdated cd format instead of 16 bit 20khz,with the latest digital technologies.

It has up to 24bit - 192khz bandwidth which is many times the information and the performances are as if the band is in the room.I would also like to add by using a droid ,or ipad or Ipod and just having a simple router you can play all your albums with all the album cover art right at your finder tips ,you never have to get up to change a cd , and you can even make a favorites folder for what ever songs you like ,this and your library is no bigger than a cd case with a 1Terabyte external usb hanr drive for under $100 you can put up to 1,500 cds on this convenience and the best cd sounding cd playback I have ever heard even against $20 k playback systems.

Bryston you have a winner on your hands and a Class A + rated product.

P.S. - your customer help line is second to none - they stayed on the phone untill I had my player running like a Swiss watch!

Thank you,
Paul Letteri

Ritmo 10-12-2011 09:34 PM

James,

If you are at RMAF, I plan to stop by to see the BDP 1. I'm interested in this unit.

Thanks,
Mike