AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   WireWorld Silver Electra 7 PC Experience (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=25475)

bbarrett 02-22-2014 10:06 PM

WireWorld Silver Electra 7 PC Experience

I received a care package from Ivan this past Monday consisting of two new WW Silver Electra 7 power cords (each 2 meters in length). I waited until yesterday to install the new cords because I wanted to take the opportunity to thoroughly clean behind my rack, rearrange a few things, and tidy up all of the cables.

Before I powered everything off and started moving my speakers and subs to dust and vacuum behind the rack, I listened to a couple of familiar tracks on Diana Krall's SACD "When I Look In Your Eyes". My intent was to then play the same two tracks after I finished cleaning and installing the cords for an A/B comparison. Frankly, I knew it was going to take a while to clean and rearrange things up so I was a bit skeptical I would be able to hear any difference, but thought it was worth a shot.

The new WW power cords replaced stock power cords on my PS Audio P5 Power Plant conditioner and my Classe amp. While my speaker and IC cables are from WireWorld via Ivan, this was my first foray into aftermarket power cords. Once I had everything back together (2 hours), I sat back in my chair to catch up on AA on my iPad and started to play the Diana Krall SACD again. Well, the music had no sooner started playing than I noticed a difference in the sound of my system. I'm not talking about a subtle difference either. The difference was immediately apparent and did not require critical listening to hear it. It was that obvious. My immediate impression was that I heard improvements in virtually all aspects of the sound. This disc had previously sounded terrific on my system but now I was hearing an even wider soundstage, more focused imaging, deeper bass and extended treble. The proverbial veil had been lifted when I didn't even realize one existed. I was very happy with the sound of my system before the power cords but was curious if I had reached the system's potential. It serves as a reminder that "everything matters".

WireWorld offers a 30 day money back guarantee, which was one of the reasons I went ahead and purchased these power cords. Well, I know I just started listening a day ago, but I doubt the cords will be leaving my system anytime soon. In fact, I'd bet that I will be purchasing more of these in the future.

Bob

Masterlu 02-22-2014 10:35 PM

Bob... Great initial impressions; they will improve even more over the next 100 hrs or so. :ok:

jdandy 02-22-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbarrett (Post 583526)
I received a care package from Ivan this past Monday consisting of two new WW Silver Electra 7 power cords (each 2 meters in length). I waited until yesterday to install the new cords because I wanted to take the opportunity to thoroughly clean behind my rack, rearrange a few things, and tidy up all of the cables.

Before I powered everything off and started moving my speakers and subs to dust and vacuum behind the rack, I listened to a couple of familiar tracks on Diana Krall's SACD "When I Look In Your Eyes". My intent was to then play the same two tracks after I finished cleaning and installing the cords for an A/B comparison. Frankly, I knew it was going to take a while to clean and rearrange things up so I was a bit skeptical I would be able to hear any difference, but thought it was worth a shot.

The new WW power cords replaced stock power cords on my PS Audio P5 Power Plant conditioner and my Classe amp. While my speaker and IC cables are from WireWorld via Ivan, this was my first foray into aftermarket power cords. Once I had everything back together (2 hours), I sat back in my chair to catch up on AA on my iPad and started to play the Diana Krall SACD again. Well, the music had no sooner started playing than I noticed a difference in the sound of my system. I'm not talking about a subtle difference either. The difference was immediately apparent and did not require critical listening to hear it. It was that obvious. My immediate impression was that I heard improvements in virtually all aspects of the sound. This disc had previously sounded terrific on my system but now I was hearing an even wider soundstage, more focused imaging, deeper bass and extended treble. The proverbial veil had been lifted when I didn't even realize one existed. I was very happy with the sound of my system before the power cords but was curious if I had reached the system's potential. It serves as a reminder that "everything matters".

WireWorld offers a 30 day money back guarantee, which was one of the reasons I went ahead and purchased these power cords. Well, I know I just started listening a day ago, but I doubt the cords will be leaving my system anytime soon. In fact, I'd bet that I will be purchasing more of these in the future.

Bob

Bob.......Your experience parallels mine with my two meter Wireworld Silver Electra power cords. Just like you, I heard an immediate improvement in my sound system, particularly in overall clarity and bass definition. I started with two Silver Electra's and now have 14 installed in two systems. The Wireworld Silver Electra power cords are excellent.

bbarrett 02-22-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 583529)
Bob... Great initial impressions; they will improve even more over the next 100 hrs or so. :ok:

Ivan,

They'll get even better? That's great news! I look forward to it.

Bob

bbarrett 02-22-2014 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 583542)
Bob.......Your experience parallels mine with my two meter Wireworld Silver Electra power cords. Just like you, I heard an immediate improvement in my sound system, particularly in overall clarity and bass definition. I started with two Silver Electra's and now have 14 installed in two systems. The Wireworld Silver Electra power cords are excellent.

Dan,

Wow, 14 Silver Electras? You're obviously sold on the performance improvements they can bring to an audio system. Good to know I can look forward to even greater enjoyment if (when) I add more!

Bob

redm 02-23-2014 12:07 AM

Bob, I had a similar experience when I switched from audio quest to wire world. Each time I replaced a set I heard an immediate difference.

It's always nice when you realize the improvements exist for the money you invested..

redm 02-23-2014 12:08 AM

I wonder how the series 7 compares to the 5^2!

Masterlu 02-23-2014 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redm (Post 583559)
I wonder how the series 7 compares to the 5^2!

They are subtlety better.

asindc 02-23-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbarrett (Post 583552)
Ivan,

They'll get even better? That's great news! I look forward to it.

Bob

Yes, they will get better as they break in. If (when?) you order new ones to put elsewhere, swap the new ones in for your existing SEs and compare them. You will notice the difference.

bbarrett 02-23-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redm (Post 583558)
Bob, I had a similar experience when I switched from audio quest to wire world. Each time I replaced a set I heard an immediate difference.

It's always nice when you realize the improvements exist for the money you invested..

Derek,

Good to hear. I'm in the same camp always curious if the money spent will result in sufficient benefits to justify the investment. I went ahead with this one based on both a discussion with the nice WireWorld folks at CES and the positive feedback I've read on AA. I'm glad I did.

Bob