AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Acoustic Sciences Corporation (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   ASC Cinema/Tri-Panels (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=7402)

hkval 02-27-2011 12:01 AM

ASC Cinema/Tri-Panels

4 Attachment(s)
I just completed installing the Tri-Panels on my ceiling. They are each 1'x4'x2" and weigh about 2lbs. each. I decided to use magnets with recessed holes for a #6 screw and then liquid nail 2 x 2" round washers on the back of the panels. The magnets easily found the ceiling joists and the only challenge was measuring which, if done correctly, makes the final installation a piece of cake. One of the pics is the beginning of laying out the magnets and one of them is looking from the speaker to the listening position.
Do they work? ABSOLUTELY!!!! Many of us may never think that what is reaching our ears is contaminated with reflected sounds from the ceiling. The difference in what I am hearing has made me a true believer. Between the recent addition of the Tube Traps (which you can see in the pic) and the Cinema panels, my system has moved up a few levels. The soundstage, specific locations of instruments and smooth purity of vocals is more than I could have hoped for. ASC, Mike and Chris, are terrific and a wealth of information.

chessman 02-27-2011 12:04 AM

Very interesting! How did you choose the mounting locations?

hkval 02-27-2011 12:10 AM

The layout was based on "personal logic" which could be dangerous. It was very rewarding and comforting to turn on the music, after the job was completed, and hear a very obvious improvement. I think "Luck" had a little to do with it as well.

chessman 02-27-2011 12:14 AM

It's a beautiful room and the ceiling treatments do not detract from it at all. Congrats!

Masterlu 02-27-2011 12:19 AM

Very nice Howard, you already know I'm a huge ASC fan. Great color choice, and installation.

I'll be using the same color panels for my ceiling in the Cape game room.

BlueChiaro 02-27-2011 12:21 AM

Nicely done, Howard. Was the magnet/washer fastening system your idea, or is that a recommended procedure?

chessman 02-27-2011 12:29 AM

Howard,

What is the exact name of these? I have been on the ASC site and cannot seem to find anything that looks like yours.

hkval 02-27-2011 12:35 AM

I have to take full credit or blame for the idea. KJ Magnets has the best selection anywhere and you can get all kinds of ideas looking at their offerings. A whole variety of wall hangings could be done this way with minimal damage(#6 screw) to the sheetrock.

Masterlu 02-27-2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessman (Post 145148)
Howard,

What is the exact name of these? I have been on the ASC site and cannot seem to find anything that looks like yours.

Randy, these are their Cinema Panels.

jdandy 02-27-2011 12:40 AM

Howard.......Excellent job. Adds to the beauty and character of your room, which by the way is lovely. It looks like a perfect, and most comfortable listening environment. Little by little, I think you may have exceeded your dreams with this magnificient sound system.