AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   New member (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=33899)

maril555 12-02-2015 11:04 PM

Hello,
I'm a new member here.
I have always wanted to have Shindo preamp, so when the opportunity presented itself, I purchased Vosne Romanee.
The rest of my system is:
Avantgarde Duo Omega G2
Lamm ML2
PAss LAbs XVR1 active crossover
Stereo JL Audio Phathom 110 subs
Hanss T-60 turntable
Graham Supreme II 10" tonearm
Koetsu Urushi Blue cartridge
My previous preamp, that I still have, is Tron Syren Ultimate II
I'm going to listen to both, Tron and VR, and keep the one, I like better.
After a couple of weeks of having VR, I have some preliminary impressions:
Shindo has more forward midrange, somewhat more impactful bass and overall
more robust and 'bottom up" presentation.
it's is very musical has plenty of detail and has very organic presentation.
Anyhow, I have a few questions, please:
I'm going to try a SUT, as everyone here seems to prefer, so my first question is- what SUT will match my Koetsu?
According to my research, the candidates could be:
Koetsu SUT
Auditorium 23 Hommage (not sure which one, T1, or T2?)
Any other SUT suggestions?
Oh, and I do have Shindo ICs b/w VR and crossover

jdandy 12-02-2015 11:07 PM

maril555.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

tweet 12-02-2015 11:17 PM

maril555... Welcome to AA! :wave:

Masterlu 12-03-2015 12:31 AM

maril555... Welcome to AA! :wave:

ducman748 12-03-2015 04:50 AM

welkom to this beutifull forum

Robert_Anderson 12-03-2015 05:32 AM

Welcome to AA!

Antonmb 12-03-2015 06:18 AM

Welcome Maril555.

fjn04 12-06-2015 11:25 PM

I had a Jade Platinum when I initially bought my Shindo setup. I had very little success making it work with my Shindo preamp. I tried Direct in to MC on my Shindo Monbrison, a Silver-Core SUT, a Choir Hashimoto HM-7, and both Auditorium 23 Standard SUT's. The latter being the low impedance SPU version, and the Denon 103 version. I remember my best results were the Hashimoto, set to it's LOW impedance setting. The worst was direct in to the preamps MC input. All that said, I got too soft of a sound with the Koetsu. It didn't have any PRAT, and was slow and uninvolving. My EMT Tsd-15 was so locked in with the A23 Denon, so that's what I kept, until moving to the T2. I notice you use a Graham, and FWIW, my Jade was on a Basis Vector 3 arm. My best sound from a Koetsu was an RSP on a Graham 2.2, but the system was too different to say I had a mismatch with the Vector/Jade. Not only that, but I did get better sound with the Koetsu/Vector going in to a different preamp prior to the Shindo. I also plan on trying an alternative cartridge soon, hopefully on a second turntable. I am considering the Kiseki, and also intrigued by the Charisma carts. It sounds as if you're getting good sound out of your VR, which is a tremendous preamp.

Alki 12-06-2015 11:27 PM

Welcome aboard, look forward to seeing you around.

shindojo 12-07-2015 02:00 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am also new to the club. The webpage says that I do not have privilege to post new thread (???). So, posting here.

I do have a question to Shindo experts.

I am currently using VR pre with CC34. Expecting to receive Shindo 301 TT by end of this year. How do you compare A23 homage T1 to VR MC stage? Is it really worth for another $5k? With my Dynavector 17d3 (low output, high impedance cartridge), I got much better result when I used VR with A23 standard SUT. But, this could be because CR MC stage is designed for low impedance pickup. Correct?

Here is the photo of my system. VPI Scoutmaster will be replaced with Shindo 301. :)

https://goo.gl/photos/mNt45iiQM1EHWDBY6