AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Events & Demos (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Official RMAF 2018 roll call (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43710)

Soundmig 09-12-2018 07:57 PM

Mike G here, I'll be there - but only on Friday (business trip in the way). Will have my audiophile friend John S with me as well ... and will be re-connecting with audiophile buddy Marc (mtrot) after some 28 years since I left the TX town where mtrot lives.

audioguy3107 09-12-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundmig (Post 931310)
Mike G here, I'll be there - but only on Friday (business trip in the way). Will have my audiophile friend John S with me as well ... and will be re-connecting with audiophile buddy Marc (mtrot) after some 28 years since I left the TX town where mtrot lives.

Hi Mike, if you have time on Friday evening for the small meeting, PM me your number so I can add you to the list.

- Buck

FreddieFerric 09-15-2018 03:51 AM

I'm flying in on Thursday. Will be staying with my brother who lives nearby. He's not into audio gear, but will be joining me for at least one of the days.

This will be my first RMAF. How big is this event? Does it take up several floors of the hotel? Just looking for some basic info on the layout of the place.

Thanks.

SL1800 09-15-2018 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieFerric (Post 931635)
I'm flying in on Thursday. Will be staying with my brother who lives nearby. He's not into audio gear, but will be joining me for at least one of the days.

This will be my first RMAF. How big is this event? Does it take up several floors of the hotel? Just looking for some basic info on the layout of the place.

Thanks.

Freddie yes it takes up pretty much every floor. Best advice is to take the elevator to the top floor and walk down the stairs. Getting the elevator back down each floor is a pain.

FreddieFerric 09-15-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SL1800 (Post 931641)
Freddie yes it takes up pretty much every floor. Best advice is to take the elevator to the top floor and walk down the stairs. Getting the elevator back down each floor is a pain.

Thanks for the info. So I suppose if I really want to canvas the entire event I'll need to attend all three days. Am I right?

SL1800 09-15-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieFerric (Post 931664)
Thanks for the info. So I suppose if I really want to canvas the entire event I'll need to attend all three days. Am I right?

Two days for sure.

audioguy3107 09-15-2018 06:03 PM

OK guys, I'll send out a reminder before we go, but we have reservations at Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse on Saturday Oct 6 at 7:00 PM. I made it for a party of 12 which is a few more than we have confirmed so we have a little leeway. If anyone else is planning on coming, please post here and send me a PM. Looking forward to it!

- Buck

Cohibaman 09-15-2018 06:36 PM

Official RMAF 2018 roll call

Take pics!

(Or it didn’t happen) :D

Soundmig 09-16-2018 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieFerric (Post 931664)

I normally attend all three days and still don't get to see and hear everything that I want to!!! It's a pretty big show:yes:

FreddieFerric 09-16-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SL1800 (Post 931666)
Two days for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundmig (Post 931775)
I normally attend all three days and still don't get to see and hear everything that I want to!!! It's a pretty big show:yes:

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll buy the 3 day pass. I have family in Denver and I know they'll be trying to chip away at as much of my time as they can.