AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wilson Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Praise-filled Yvette review in TAS (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41785)

gaboudreaux 01-09-2018 08:59 AM

I just bought a new home and my living room (where my system will be) is smaller than previous home. I need to downsize my speakers to match the room and Wilson Yvette's are first on the list. Have not heard them yet, but hopefully I can find a pair to demo soon.

Bob Bubeck 01-09-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 891537)
it's shame they have to look like an amusement park trash can from the late fifties.

Form following function, particularly if one cares about time alignment in a driver-in-a-box speaker design. Arguably, Sabrina and Yvette are rather distant from the WATT-Puppy look.

By the by, you really need to get some new material, Mr. Youngman. :D

Bob

Mikado463 01-09-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Bubeck (Post 891590)
Form following function, particularly if one cares about time alignment in a driver-in-a-box speaker design.

I trust you realize this was done long before (mid-seventies), certainly not to the perfection of Wilson, but done in a 'box'

Quote:

By the by, you really need to get some new material, Mr. Youngman. :D

Bob
As soon as they make a speaker that looks as good as it sounds ........

Coppy 01-09-2018 04:26 PM

Beauty is in the eye of...

My Yvettes in Desert Silver are just drop dead gorgeous. After many months I still stop and stare with admiration while walking through the living room. They just pick up all the surrounding colors like chameleons as the sun moves by.:thumbsup:

Still-One 01-09-2018 04:39 PM

Contrary to my position on the industrial design of components I am a bit less finicky about the design of speakers. As you can tell from a few of the speakers I have owned (Dahlquiest DQ-10's, B&W 802D's, Von Schweikert's, JM Labs (Focal) and MBL's all before by X2's) I am open to most any design that isn't too boxy.

Bob Bubeck 01-09-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 891615)
I trust you realize this was done long before (mid-seventies), certainly not to the perfection of Wilson, but done in a 'box'

The KEF 105 comes to mind as an example, but most any current Wilson is a considerably better speaker.

I find my Yvettes in Ipanema Brown very handsome and they aesthetically fit in very well with my listening area. Visitors quickly notice and comment favorably on their excellent workmanship and beautiful finish. And, that's before they get a chance to listen to them.

Bob

PHC1 01-09-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 891621)
Contrary to my position on the industrial design of components I am a bit less finicky about the design of speakers. As you can tell from a few of the speakers I have owned (Dahlquiest DQ-10's, B&W 802D's, Von Schweikert's, JM Labs (Focal) and MBL's all before by X2's) I am open to most any design that isn't too boxy.

:thumbsup:

PHC1 01-09-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coppy (Post 891616)
My Yvettes in Desert Silver are just drop dead gorgeous. After many months I still stop and stare with admiration while walking through the living room. They just pick up all the surrounding colors like chameleons as the sun moves by.:thumbsup:

Yes, very nice color. :yes:

2fastdriving 01-09-2018 07:08 PM

A lot of people are talking about how gorgeous their Yvettes are, but I don't see any pics! Let's see em'!

For The Love of Music 01-09-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 891661)
A lot of people are talking about how gorgeous their Yvettes are, but I don't see any pics! Let's see em'!

I know, right?