AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Upgrading the Power Cord for my Denali 2000/T, or ? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48652)

AVphile 09-15-2020 08:52 PM

Upgrading the Power Cord for my Denali 2000/T, or ?

My system set up has all my source components located close to 40 feet away from my two power amps. I currently (no pun intended) plug both amps into a Denali 2000/T; one has an integrated power cord (replacement is not possible) and the other now uses an original Venom HC power cable. The 2000/T is connected to one electrical socket using another original Venom HC. The amps are vintage 200 watt Krell class A, manufactured in the early 2000s but "restored" by Krell in 2016. I also have a Venom Defender plugged into the otherwise unused electrical socket.

The 2000/T is ideal for this setup, and I cannot see myself spending thousands for a Denali 6000/S V2, leaving four outlets unused. Still, I can see some basis for upgrading the power cable between the wall and the 2000/T. The question I have is with what? There are now so many possibilities: a Delta v2 XC, the Venom V10 HC, and the Venom HC V2. I would appreciate reading the thoughts of others.

Puma Cat 09-15-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVphile (Post 1014674)
My system set up has all my source components located close to 40 feet away from my two power amps. I currently (no pun intended) plug both amps into a Denali 2000/T; one has an integrated power cord (replacement is not possible) and the other now uses an original Venom HC power cable. The 2000/T is connected to one electrical socket using another original Venom HC. The amps are vintage 200 watt Krell class A, manufactured in the early 2000s but "restored" by Krell in 2016. I also have a Venom Defender plugged into the otherwise unused electrical socket.

The 2000/T is ideal for this setup, and I cannot see myself spending thousands for a Denali 6000/S V2, leaving four outlets unused. Still, I can see some basis for upgrading the power cable between the wall and the 2000/T. The question I have is with what? There are now so many possibilities: a Delta v2 XC, the Venom V10 HC, and the Venom HC V2. I would appreciate reading the thoughts of others.

Very Good: Venom HC V2 – a ridiculously good PC for the money
Even Better: Venom V10 HC - higher level conductors, geomery and construction than Venom HC V2
Best: Delta XC - VTX-Ag conductors and CopperCONN connectors for highest performance of the three here.

All of these power cords are superb and class-leading within their respective price points. Given that, and given the most important PC is the one providing power to the distributor, the Delta XC will give you the most performance for your two amps.

Crumhorn 09-16-2020 12:26 AM

The Alpha XC & Sigma XC are even better, but I assume Puma Cat didn't mention them because you didn't mention them. Those Krells probably pull a lot of juice - if you could financially swing an Alpha XC I'm betting you would hear the difference over the cheaper models...

Puma Cat 09-16-2020 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crumhorn (Post 1014690)
The Alpha XC & Sigma XC are even better, but I assume Puma Cat didn't mention them because you didn't mention them. Those Krells probably pull a lot of juice - if you could financially swing an Alpha XC I'm betting you would hear the difference over the cheaper models...

Correct.

:thumbsup:

Parabellum 09-16-2020 10:41 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVphile (Post 1014674)
... one has an integrated power cord (replacement is not possible) ... The amps are vintage 200 watt Krell class A, manufactured in the early 2000s but "restored" by Krell in 2016.

I would be curious to know the exact model number of your amplifiers. Or better yet, to see some pictures of the back of the units. It might be possible to fit a IEC socket to accomodate the power cord of your choice. This is what I did with my 1974 vintage Yamaha CA-1000. Works like a charm, and I am using a Black Mamba-HC/CX instead of the original lamp cord.

Edit:
Added some pictures of the modification on my amplifier.

AVphile 10-08-2020 10:41 PM

For those curious as to what I did, this evening I finally purchased via Ivan a Delta v2 XC power cord for my Denali 2000/T.

jimtranr 10-09-2020 09:19 PM

Congratulations, Jonathan. Please let us know what you think after you've spent some time with the Delta XC.