AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Accuphase (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Accuphase AD-30 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=36313)

BlueDoor 07-04-2016 09:39 AM

Accuphase AD-30

Hello guys,

Can anyone comment on the AD-30 performance with E-470?
I really don't want to buy it without knowing real life opinions from other members. Tonearm is a Reed 3P and Vdh Black Beauty cartridge.
Thanks! :thumbsup:

(Accuphase Laboratory, Inc.?AD-30)

aurumer 07-04-2016 10:20 AM

From my experience the AD-30 is a nice piece of kid und relative good value for money. But on the other side it is nothing special and should not be overrated.
I owned one for a longer time in combination with a C-2110. After that I changed to a Primare R32 wich is not so much more expensive but it was clearly better than the AD30.

BlueDoor 07-04-2016 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aurumer (Post 790001)
From my experience the AD-30 is a nice piece of kid und relative good value for money. But on the other side it is nothing special and should not be overrated.
I owned one for a longer time in combination with a C-2110. After that I changed to a Primare R32 wich is not so much more expensive but it was clearly better than the AD30.

Thanks for the input.
From what you've wrote, i understand that its a "nice to have" feature but definitely not "on par" with a dedicated phono stage at the same price.

aurumer 07-04-2016 06:00 PM

I would say for the same price it may be on par. But their are some very good alternatives for nearly the same or a little bit more money.
A big plus for the AD30 is the nice integration and handling as a "build in" feature in the amp.

Pierre! 07-05-2016 04:20 AM

The AD-30 is a good phono, but nothing special.

Your cart deserve better ;-)

I use the AD-30 but only till i can upgrade my C-2120 to a better and have the AD-2820.

cb2_one 07-05-2016 06:53 AM

an advantage of AD 30 is, that you need only a connection beetween ad-30 and turntable, so no second cable adding capacity to the system if you have an mm-cardridge not talking about savin a powercable too.

:banana::roots:

jororupp 07-05-2016 02:44 PM

Quote:

that you need only a connection beetween ad-30 and turntable
TMO this is a big plus for the AD-30. For any external solution you need additional interconnecting cables in good quality.

I've sold my AD-30 with my C-2120, when I've upgraded to C-3850. As an interim solution, I've got the latest Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL with the upgrade power supply, which is about the same price as the AD-30 and doing a nice job. But I also got additional cabeling...

restock 07-05-2016 03:25 PM

I am running the AD-30 in my E600 - overall I am very impressed with the phono stage. Cartridges I tried are EMT TSD15, Ortofon SPU Royal, Allaerts MC1B.

I don't feel the phonostage is holding back the amp and it should compare well to most standalone stages, even compared to some of the other more expensive phonostage I had: JLTI, Pass Xono. I compared it directly to the phono in my Shindo preamps and I did not feel the phono was far behind. I am curious to try a C37 - but that would go away from this beautiful integrated solution.

restock 07-05-2016 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by restock (Post 790340)
I am running the AD-30 in my E600 - overall I am very impressed with the phono stage. Cartridges I tried are EMT TSD15, Ortofon SPU Royal, Allaerts MC1B. I don't feel the phonostage is holding back the amp and it should compare well to most standalone stages, even compared to some of the other more expensive phonostage I had: JLTI, Pass Xono. I compared it directly to the phono in my Shindo preamps and I did not feel the phono was far behind. I am curious to try a C37 - but that would go away from this beautiful integrated solution.

Another cartridge that worked incredible well into the AD30 is the Decca London Jubilee.

BlueDoor 07-06-2016 03:58 PM

Iup, the C37 is my goal, but not for the time being (E-470 and DP-550 in the last couple of months).
I'm using a Nagra VPS (which is for sale btw) at the moment, which pleases me a lot, but I do wanted to try the AD30 to see what it can do while I can't get the C37. (Maybe not the best move though, will rethink it)
And thanks for the additional insights.