AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   PS Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PS audio P10 reliability problems? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=38412)

PASSFREAK 01-24-2017 04:24 PM

PS audio P10 reliability problems?

Hi friends,
The electricity in my city is really REALY! bad, constant drops, in summer we suffer cuts in the power for 12 hours at least.
I was thinking in add a P10 to my system but i read a lot of people that has problems with the ps audio powerplants.
In my country a P10 costs 7k (is a lot of money) and don't want to have any problem if i decide to spend that amount of cash.
What oppinion you had of this product?is a good purchase?
Thank you!

scirica 01-24-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PASSFREAK (Post 828158)
Hi friends,
The electricity in my city is really REALY! bad, constant drops, in summer we suffer cuts in the power for 12 hours at least.
I was thinking in add a P10 to my system but i read a lot of people that has problems with the ps audio powerplants.
In my country a P10 costs 7k (is a lot of money) and don't want to have any problem if i decide to spend that amount of cash.
Thank you!

I've had my P10 for a couple of years, and a P5 before that. I've never had a problem with it. Solid product!

Masterlu 01-24-2017 05:19 PM

Very few dealers sell more P10's than me; they are highly reliable. :yes:

nicoff 01-24-2017 05:26 PM

No issues with mine. Nearly 2 years.

PASSFREAK 01-24-2017 05:48 PM

Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

tutomac 01-24-2017 07:24 PM

3 years with a P10 and P5 (two of these)... no issues.:thumbsup:

PASSFREAK 01-25-2017 07:17 AM

Fabulous Hector!
Thanks a lot!

pete6737 01-25-2017 08:57 AM

Very happy with my P10 from Ivan!

patrick 01-25-2017 11:51 AM

I've had a P5 for years, works consistently but it did replace a PPP which went out on me - was returning for repair when PSA offered me a good replacement deal with a P5. The PPP itself was what I traded up to from the original curvy regenerator they released back in the late 90s. Generally, I think the P-series are solid but I've found the P5 to be a bit limiting when used with mymonoblocks, so I'd say go for the P10 if that's the plan.

I've had a lot of PS Audio gear over the years, and still use the PWT/PWDII digital front-end which has been super-reliable for years. OTOH, I did have quite a few difficulties with their gain cell preamp they sold a few years back. That had to be returned twice --somehow, that sticks in my mind when I think about the new BHK amps and the effort that would be involved in returning one of those monsters! As others have noted, the company are really very customer-centric and even when I was having problems, I found them to be really helpful and easy to deal with throughout the repair process.

IM3CPO 01-25-2017 01:55 PM

The P10 is good; Power Plant Premier not so good

Quote:

Originally Posted by PASSFREAK (Post 828158)
Hi friends,
Thank you!

The P10 is a solid product. The Power Plant Premier's had quite a few quality issues and I would avoid those..