AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Canton Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Canton Reference Line (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=19884)

livestrong 02-19-2014 08:51 AM

The dealer is no longer carrying Canton so they aren't able to replace them for what I paid for them. Oh well, at least nobody got hurt!

gyroman 04-27-2014 02:16 AM

Does anyone know if Canton is available in the UK? Seems to have a very low profile here for some reason.

Masterlu 04-27-2014 01:00 PM

gyroman... Welcome to AA! :wave:

slippers-on 06-02-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyroman (Post 602090)
Does anyone know if Canton is available in the UK? Seems to have a very low profile here for some reason.

Dont know why but Canton is a big secret in the States as well. But those who hear them, normally love them.

livestrong 07-27-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slippers-on (Post 612106)
Dont know why but Canton is a big secret in the States as well. But those who hear them, normally love them.

Couldn't agree more - I love me some Canton's…wish they were easier to find here in the US!

Bluemeanies 09-02-2014 02:25 PM

Are there any distributors for Canton on the east coast? Essentially the Philadelphia area and it's suburbs. Perhaps the Delaware area also and I am willing to travel to South Jersey. I am interested in the Canton Vento 890.2.
I am thinking about replacing my B&W 804S speakers within a 3-6 month time period. I was thinking about the 803D, 804D or speakers from Canton. I was speaking to a owner of the Vento 890.2 who made the decision not to upgrade his B&W's with another and went with Canton.
I would like to give them a listen.
Any opinions of the Vento 890.2 compare to the B&W's is appreciated.

Thanks for any information.

Roni 09-02-2014 04:46 PM

I know ebay have one black, really good speaker

Bluemeanies 09-02-2014 05:02 PM

Thanks Roni,
I have heard a lot of good about Canton but I cannot feel good about buying something site unheard.

Roni 09-02-2014 10:27 PM

Yeah is harder I kwon, I did bought the Canton 807 without hear after that I bought Canton 809 if have the money I buy reference 3. Canton's need a lot of juice, good juice. Hope you find dealer .

TWiiii 12-29-2014 01:18 PM

Is Canton using the same drivers Marten of Sweden is using? They look like and are described the same way as the Accuton speakers. Just curious. I haven't heard any Canton since my last visit to Listen Up in Denver years ago. They reminded me of some of B&O's earlier speakers from the 70's. Very clear precise and yet with just a touch of warmth that I found enjoyable. Similar in sound to ADS. I always thought B&O had great cabinetry, but when I saw Canton I was blown away with the fit and finish. We just never seem to get that part right in the US. The Europeans seem to take real pride in construction, especially Canton, from their modest line on up. It shows attention detail that not only reveals itself in the execution, but in all facets of building a great system that produces good sound.