AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Streaming & Television Shows (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Bang on Amazon Prime streaming (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46027)

Puma Cat 06-11-2019 07:49 PM

Bang on Amazon Prime streaming

Fo those interested in superb British police dramas (e.g. Broadchurch, Paranoid, etc.) check out Bang on Amazon Prime.

Its excellent, and unique that about 50% of the dialog is in Welsh and the other in English. Set in Port Talbot, Wales, all the actors speak Welsh fluently so the Welsh dialog has subtitles. The characters move seamlessly from Welsh to English and back to Welsh again. Its much more nuanced that a simple police procedural; in a way that is on the level of the amazing Broadchurch.

Highly recommended.

PS – "HEDDLU" is Welsh for Police. ;)

Antonmb 06-12-2019 09:25 AM

Thanks for the tip Stephen, I added it to my watchlist.

Toccata 06-12-2019 12:10 PM

According to my Amazon Prime, it's via Accorn TV, for which there is a fee. Bummer--it looks/sounds very good!

Puma Cat 06-12-2019 02:07 PM

Oh, sorry; yeah, I have Acorn as part of my Amazon package. Its only $4.95 a month, though, and you can also watch the excellent 19-2 on Acorn as well. Both very highly recommended!

Antonmb 06-12-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 968393)
Oh, sorry; yeah, I have Acorn as part of my Amazon package. Its only $4.95 a month, though, and you can also watch the excellent 19-2 on Acorn as well. Both very highly recommended!

If you like British mysteries, a couple of others on Acorn are Line of Duty and Loch Ness.

Toccata 06-12-2019 05:08 PM

Line of Duty is one of my all-time favorite detective shows. I might have to get Acorn. :yes:

Puma Cat 06-12-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 968405)
If you like British mysteries, a couple of others on Acorn are Line of Duty and Loch Ness.

Will check them out, Tony. Heard great things about Line of Duty.

Check out Paranoid on Netflix if you haven't seen it already. With Indira Varma, whom I am sure you will recognize.

Puma Cat 06-12-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toccata (Post 968416)
Line of Duty is one of my all-time favorite detective shows. I might have to get Acorn. :yes:

It is well worth it.

If you do, check out 19-2, as well. Really excellent.

Still-One 06-26-2019 11:52 AM

Thanks for the heads up regarding "Line of Duty". We have finished all five episodes of Season 1 and are half way thru the six in Season 2. This is well done with many twists and turns along the way. Finally something besides Handmaids to watch on HULU.

Toccata 06-29-2019 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 970366)
Thanks for the heads up regarding "Line of Duty". We have finished all five episodes of Season 1 and are half way thru the six in Season 2. This is well done with many twists and turns along the way. Finally something besides Handmaids to watch on HULU.

I'm glad you like it. For me, each season got steadily better. I think the interrogation scenes are the best I've ever seen.

Yeah, this third season of Handmaids is very weak. The first one was the best, and they should have stopped there.