AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Inspire by Dennis Had (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Dennis Had Inspire Amps (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=24170)

FloridaBoy 05-25-2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comzee (Post 916052)
I own the Pope 6v6, but never use them in my kt88 firebottle, they just seem not powerful enough to me.

With that said, even tho I don't own the 6v6 Fivre, I do own 2a3 Fivre (for a different tube amp I own) and own 6sn7 Fivre, love both those tubes. Fivre as a brand seems to be really solid.

I also own Fivre gz32 and Fivre 5u4g rectifiers, they're both rly good too.

Have you tried the Pope's with a 5U4g?

BearCityUSA 05-25-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comzee (Post 916052)
I own the Pope 6v6, but never use them in my kt88 firebottle, they just seem not powerful enough to me.

With that said, even tho I don't own the 6v6 Fivre, I do own 2a3 Fivre (for a different tube amp I own) and own 6sn7 Fivre, love both those tubes. Fivre as a brand seems to be really solid.

I also own Fivre gz32 and Fivre 5u4g rectifiers, they're both rly good too.

Well maybe I will pick up a pair soon. Just spent me monthly budget on a 10 pack of 6f6s/6f6g from Ukraine. More on why to follow. I may hold off on the Fivres for now though. I'll be busy with what I have for a while I think. It is good to have a positive rec. Thanks.

timeout59 05-26-2018 12:54 AM

I have a pair of Pope 6v6 if interested.

decooney 05-26-2018 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaBoy (Post 916214)
As an admitted tube-o-holic there some 'old power tubes' that can be wonderful but the only way to know is to try them in your rig because 'magic' can be system dependent. I'm partial to 6L6G's and 6L6GA's. Be selective in purchasing and try to find ones that were not found in a barn. Also, don't spend big bucks on an experiment.

Understand, Thanks. Yesterday I reached out to a good friend / retired ex-tech this week with a huge collection, a few thousands tubes, collected over the past fifty years. As a former customer and co-designer-helper for his speakers, he permits me to borrow and try anything before I go out and buy. It's been a big help in the past. I checked and he has several sets of these mentioned here. if an extra special or an ultra rare tube is worth trying out, I can give it a go. He gave me an update on these and recommended a few others. Thx.

BearCityUSA 05-26-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timeout59 (Post 916317)
I have a pair of Pope 6v6 if interested.

Tried to pm you. Could not.

jdandy 05-26-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearCityUSA (Post 916364)
Tried to pm you. Could not.

Scott.......For your information, private messaging is only available to Audio Aficionado forum subscribers. Basis level forum members cannot send or receive PM's.

BearCityUSA 05-26-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 916369)
Scott.......For your information, private messaging is only available to Audio Aficionado forum subscribers. Basis level forum members cannot send or receive PM's.

Funny thing is I cannot tell who your referring to, me or timeout or both. On my phone and table I do not see anyones membership level status.

jdandy 05-26-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearCityUSA (Post 916392)
Funny thing is I cannot tell who your referring to, me or timeout or both. On my phone and table I do not see anyones membership level status.

Scott.......I see you are a subscriber by the red Subscriber banner under your screen name. Members with that banner or the Aficionado banner help support this forum with an annual membership fee. Members without a Subscriber banner under their screen name are basic members who do not help support the forum. As such, basic members do not have available to them the many perks offered to those who help support Audio Aficionado. These include Private Messaging and access to the AA Marketplace where Subscribers and Aficionados can buy, sell and trade audio gear. Basic members cannot see the Marketplace or take advantage of the many forum give-a-ways throughout the year, the monthly music give-a-way, or special membership promotional pricing at Legend Audio and Video, as well as other great benefits. Hope this clears it up for you.

timeout59 05-26-2018 09:32 PM

Dan thanks for that info. I didn't renew my annual subscriber status and now understand why I couldn't find the AA Marketplace. I'll renew shortly.

FloridaBoy 05-27-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decooney (Post 916318)
Understand, Thanks. Yesterday I reached out to a good friend / retired ex-tech this week with a huge collection, a few thousands tubes, collected over the past fifty years. As a former customer and co-designer-helper for his speakers, he permits me to borrow and try anything before I go out and buy. It's been a big help in the past. I checked and he has several sets of these mentioned here. if an extra special or an ultra rare tube is worth trying out, I can give it a go. He gave me an update on these and recommended a few others. Thx.

That is the way to do it! :thumbsup: