AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Isolation, Tips & Tweaks (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Anyone have experience with Nordost Sort Fut or Sort Kones? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=38009)

j3brow 12-17-2016 01:30 PM

Anyone have experience with Nordost Sort Fut or Sort Kones?

Seems to be very little out there regarding these devices. I'm really looking hard at Sort Fut for replacing the stock spikes on my Quadraspire SVT2 rack .... 6 posts, gets expensive fast at $350 or so for each Fut.

Any user experience here on AA?

DesW 12-17-2016 07:18 PM

Tell you a TRUE Story for a chuckle:D!

Lars and Roy were doing their thing as usual Nordost Demo at RMAF

when the Sort cones were

being introduced a few years back.

Moi in audience pipes up to ask " how do they compare to the Goldmund cones?"

Lars counters yes better --fair enough--silence then voice behind me says--

"OK I have a set in my bag can we try?"

Lars Agrees--he is good bloke!-- the group agree virtually in unison

no apparent difference between both products

I've owned many sets of the Goldmunds and they do as they're supposed to

so yep they work as touted!

Oh wait a minute--rare as hens teeth--and unobtainium :scratch2:so yes buy the

Sort cones they too

deliver as promised--try flipping them upside down under --one way you may

prefer

Highly Recommended

Des

j3brow 12-18-2016 12:18 AM

Thanks Des! And funny story. Cajones!

PASSFREAK 12-18-2016 07:54 PM

Hi j3brow,
I have a lot of BC and TC sort kones in my system and really works.I participate in a very good demo in my last trip to Paris this year with a dcs - Air Tight - Tannoy/Kef Blade system in AudioSynthése, official retailer of Nordost.
The results was very obvious, even my "zero audiophile" girlfriend note - without any effort - the upgrade in the sound quality with only 3 kones under the dcs player.
In that moment i had in my hands the sort füt's too, the quality was impressive and looks VERY nice but i don't have the possibility to try them.
Hope this helps :thumbsup:
Pablo

popspin 12-25-2016 10:53 PM

I just heard from a friend who loves his new Sort Kones

I recently heard from a friend who, on the recommendation of his dealer, tried the Sort Kones under his KEF Blade Two's. He reported that he was more than pleased with the results and highly recommends the Sort Kones. This person knows audio so I have a lot of respect for his opinion. He said the "sound was tighter with better detail". The difference was significant.
As I understand the most effective place to use a Sort Kone type device is under the speakers so his experience has convinced me to try too.
popspin

Antonmb 12-25-2016 11:53 PM

I don't believe Sort Kones are intended for under speakers, they're primarily for use under components. Nordost makes the Sort Fut for speakers and racks.

I've been using Kones under my amp and preamp for a while now and have been satisfied with the results, although the benefit is not huge. It may be somewhat dependent on the rack and the specific components.

PASSFREAK 12-28-2016 10:46 AM

[QUOTE=Antonmb;822216]I don't believe Sort Kones are intended for under speakers, they're primarily for use under components. Nordost makes the Sort Fut for speakers and racks.

You are right :yes:

popspin 12-22-2018 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=PASSFREAK;822664]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 822216)
I don't believe Sort Kones are intended for under speakers, they're primarily for use under components. Nordost makes the Sort Fut for speakers and racks.

You are right :yes:

Yes, correct. Please allow me to advise he used the Sort Kone Fut's under his Blade Two's.

Curious if anybody has compared the Fut's to the Isoacoustic Gaia 1's?
Thanks!
popspin