AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   If you are a Wawa customer, change your credit card password (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47536)

jdandy 02-01-2020 07:45 PM

If you are a Wawa customer, change your credit card password

....or better yet request a new card. More than 30 million debit and credit card records stolen from hack on convenience store Wawa are being sold on the dark web in what researchers call one of the biggest breaches of all time.

According to the cyber security firm Gemini Advisory, the stolen data is being sold on a black marketplace called Joker's Stash and includes more than 30 million debit and credit records hoovered from hundreds of stores in the US.

'Since the breach may have affected over 850 stores and potentially exposed 30 million sets of payment records, it ranks among the largest payment card breaches of 2019, and of all time,' write researchers.

Cohibaman 02-01-2020 08:04 PM

Yikes!

Still-One 02-02-2020 09:41 AM

Never heard of Wawa.

edkoz 02-02-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 994257)
Never heard of Wawa.

same here

Formerly YB-2 02-02-2020 10:42 AM

Convenience store/gas station chain that started out as a dairy (which they still operate) at the turn of previous century. Primarily located in the Mid-Atlantic states (PA, NJ, DE) and recently into FL. They are big into making sandwiches & salads and such and are surprisingly high quality compared to Circle K and other competitors. However, think as they grow they are starting to loose their grip on being 'better'. They still have any number of stand-along stores that do not pump gas, but are phasing them out in favor of the 'super-Wawa' stores that also pump gas.

edkoz 02-02-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 994263)
Convenience store/gas station chain that started out as a dairy (which they still operate) at the turn of previous century. Primarily located in the Mid-Atlantic states (PA, NJ, DE) and recently into FL. They are big into making sandwiches & salads and such and are surprisingly high quality compared to Circle K and other competitors. However, think as they grow they are starting to loose their grip on being 'better'. They still have any number of stand-along stores that do not pump gas, but are phasing them out in favor of the 'super-Wawa' stores that also pump gas.

Thank you Never saw one

Cohibaman 02-02-2020 03:18 PM

I lived in Bucks County, PA for 4 years. Never heard of them before that.

Ravens52 02-02-2020 03:56 PM

Thanks for the tip. I buy my gas there all the time. It seems like we have them on every corner.

Masterlu 02-02-2020 04:47 PM

My grandson says it all the time, when he wants water. :p

bart 02-02-2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 994311)
My grandson says it all the time, when he wants water. :p

Hahaha! :D
Be sure to change his credit card Ivan!