AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Olympica II? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=25860)

Bavarian05 04-08-2014 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brb (Post 596275)
Anybody have any opinions on what amp may be great with the Olympica II's? They seem to be a difficult load due to the lower sensitivity rating.

Any auditions or decisions on amplification yet?

brb 04-09-2014 07:52 AM

I haven't really tried anything yet. Just trying to do a little research. I think I am going to borrow my brothers Bryston 4bsst2 to see how that sounds. I'm also going to Axpona in a few weeks and hope to hear a variety of things.

Bavarian05 04-09-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brb (Post 597584)
I haven't really tried anything yet. Just trying to do a little research. I think I am going to borrow my brothers Bryston 4bsst2 to see how that sounds. I'm also going to Axpona in a few weeks and hope to hear a variety of things.

I will be attending AXPONA as well. Should be fun. Last year wasn't bad, but this year seems like they have things more coordinated and more to offer as well. I am looking forward to it.

brb 04-09-2014 05:34 PM

It does seem like they have a really nice selection of companies that are going to be there!

Sidekick 04-11-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brb (Post 596275)
Anybody have any opinions on what amp may be great with the Olympica II's? They seem to be a difficult load due to the lower sensitivity rating.

Most Sonus Fabers needs decent power to really sing. I've got wonderful results with Ayon, Einstein and VTL if one favours tubes. These are all rather powerful alternatives with a neutral, dynamic and open character. Jeff Rowland and Simaudio Moon are great options if you prefer the control and foundation of solid state.

I've got Olympica II + Ayon Trition III in front of me right now making wonderful music.

Bavarian05 04-11-2014 05:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A little better lighting on these. :-)

Sorry, this post was meant to go into a different thread. My mistake.

Bavarian05 04-11-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidekick (Post 598129)
Most Sonus Fabers needs decent power to really sing. I've got wonderful results with Ayon, Einstein and VTL if one favours tubes. These are all rather powerful alternatives with a neutral, dynamic and open character. Jeff Rowland and Simaudio Moon are great options if you prefer the control and foundation of solid state. I've got Olympica II + Ayon Trition III in front of me right now making wonderful music.

Thanks for the info and suggestions.
Please post some photos of your setup!
I am a sucker for pics...

sypw 04-12-2014 07:02 AM

Really craving for the O3. Currently using creamona m for 2 years . What will be the sound different compare O3 and cremona m ?:)

Bavarian05 04-13-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sypw (Post 598299)
Really craving for the O3. Currently using creamona m for 2 years . What will be the sound different compare O3 and cremona m ?:)

I figured you would get a handful of helpful responses on this question, but no luck so far.
I've had the Cremona Auditor M (for a short period) though have not heard the Cremona M enough to comment.
Sorry I can't be more helpful...

sypw 04-13-2014 07:51 PM

Thanks for the reply bavarian05,

Heard from a friend said that both are good speaker ,Its depand what kind of sound you prefered. Anyway if really want to go for the o3 then i have to go audition myself :)

thanks