AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Yes folks,it's Eurovision song contest time! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45842)

radio times 05-17-2019 05:14 PM

Yes folks,it's Eurovision song contest time!

Oh dear. From the symphonic wonders of the '17 show, with only two bum tracks, it's hard for me to find two really good songs this year. Formulaic pap in the majority, it's car crash voyeurism in the main. What can I glean for your eager eyes and ears? I'll give you the Netherlands as best ballad, with Norway, and for death metal with a tuneful counterpoint, Iceland. San Marino, the novelty kings, exhort you to sing na na na in a smoky voice, Australia have a lady doing opera trills, Serbia is just above mediocrity, the 'big five' are pants, the UK effort suggests that the cosmos is 'bigger than us' and I tend to agree. The Hungary guy, who produced a stunner in '17, failed to find his chorus this time around, Spain, bless 'em, do a turbo dance number, and Israel were just about ok. Most of the power ballads sounded the same, the cutsy girl and boy number failed; it is not a vintage year.

So as usual, type in ESC 2019 top 41 and you'l get 15 sec's of each song. Then go to the vids for each song you like,their quite color full. Do the same for '17, that's what I'll be doing. Compare and contrast. I really only do this for a couple of days each year guys...

bart 05-17-2019 06:08 PM

Oh Rad, poor you!

Do all Londoners love this event?
And why?!
My brother, living there, also watches...:scratch2:

radio times 05-17-2019 06:50 PM

Occasionally you get art. One day in the year, it fades from view after a short while, the misty land that taste forgot. Or forgot taste if you prefer.

krustycat 05-17-2019 07:38 PM

Tomorrow you can watch Madonna.

radio times 05-17-2019 07:53 PM

About youse Americain's put an entry in. Let's hope she can hold one note for twenty seconds like the rest of them at the start of her piece.

MasterChief 05-18-2019 01:45 AM

In Sweden this is so big, 1/3 of the country is watching it. Sweden have an average placing of 7,8 in 67 contests and have also won 6 times so I think you can say that we are the most successful Eurovision contester ever. And of course, we have the most successful winner ever who made they breakthrough in the Eurovision...ABBA. :banana:

bart 05-18-2019 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterChief (Post 965162)
In Sweden this is so big, 1/3 of the country is watching it. Sweden have an average placing of 7,8 in 67 contests and have also won 6 times so I think you can say that we are the most successful Eurovision contester ever. And of course, we have the most successful winner ever who made they breakthrough in the Eurovision...ABBA. :banana:

Abba, those were the days!

We were divided into 2 camps: Agnetha or Frida (Anni-Frid) fans...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6mLzZL-qAKI/hqdefault.jpg

radio times 05-18-2019 05:20 AM

I preferred the blond. She married her stalker, which is progressive I must say, and they divorced after six years. I'm really going to take one for the team tonight boys, for there's only mild pleasantness in the 'best' songs; perhaps my local has a fruit machine, I really can't sit through Cheickeslovakia (sic) and France again.

radio times 05-18-2019 05:19 PM

Well I came through, the fire and wind, the icy blasts of an artic storm in a t shirt. I saw nearly every act, except those few I just couldn't. It wasn't that bad, with decent amplification any way. No clue who's gonna win, about five acts are vying.

piolaxo 05-20-2019 01:35 PM

Apart from ABBA, who has been massive from the Eurovision contest? I remembered
that I watched it a couple of times when I lived in Scotland, but it was hard to watch.
There were some terrible acts and yet somehow countries loved them. I also never
got to understand the results, it seemed like countries tended to conspire against others
and the winner ended up being the "nice" one or the underdog, if you follow my thought.