AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Furutech Flux 50 Filter Review (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=23836)

antipop 11-07-2013 06:02 AM

Very detailed and well written review :thumbsup:

I'm very curious of what's inside the cable that make it so good :stirthepot:

I need to take a closer look into the power side of my system. I think there are quite a few improvement to make there. Currently I use home made cable into a basic powerstrip connected to a basic wall plug ...

MyPal 11-07-2013 06:09 AM

I have just turned on the HT. The Sony Bravia has a custom made Furutech Flux cable hard wired into it which feeds from the Hydra Talos. The picture has popped further & now has a more 3D quality to it. The colour depth is to die for. There is no Flux-50 inline to the TV given the customised fitting.

The benefits of Furutech Flux-50 is also cumulative & apparently compounded when used in conjunction with Shunyata.

thxthx 11-07-2013 06:53 AM

Steve... This area of Hi-Fi is still new to me so please excuse my lack of understanding but would I require the Shunyata Hydra Talos to gain the benefit of the Furutech or can great benefit be found from the Furutech alone (or doesn't it work like that?)? I am intrigued by your experience!

MyPal 11-07-2013 07:03 AM

IMO biggest bang for buck...Start with one Furutech Flux-50 & take it from there. Think of it as a mini power conditioner, albeit inline. If your other components are feeding off the same circuit, there will be some spill-over benefit from the current's backwash. If one doesn't quite do it for you from the outset, I'll buy it off you.

thxthx 11-07-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyPal (Post 548629)
Honestly, biggest bang for buck...Start with one Furutech Flux-50 & take it from there. Think of it as a mini power conditioner, albeit inline. If your other components are feeding off the same circuit, there will be some spill-over benefit from the current's backwash. If one doesn't quite do it for you from the outset, I'll buy it off you.

:) :thumbsup:

I'm looking into it now!

Could I benefit from using the first cable from the wall socket to the power board or do I need to use these cables straight into components?

MyPal 11-07-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thxthx (Post 548632)
:) :thumbsup: I'm looking into it now! Could I benefit from using the first cable from the wall socket to the power board or do I need to use these cables straight into components?

The ends of the filter comprise of an IEC15 male & IEC15 female, so they are designed to plug into an IEC socket such as what is on most components & then the cable plugs into it. Dan used it in between his wall cable to power conditioner because his power conditioner has an IEC15 mains socket. Whereas the Shunyata's have an IEC19 mains socket & would not work in this manner unless Furutech brought out an IEC19 version.

Undoubtably, whatever it is feeding will benefit & of course more will have cumulative benefits.

thxthx 11-07-2013 07:39 AM

Thanks Steve... Let the bargain hunting begin ;)

rnrmf1971 11-07-2013 09:23 AM

Is this furutech technology incorporated into any of their power cords, so that one doesn't need this as an "add on?"

MyPal 11-07-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 (Post 548646)
Is this furutech technology incorporated into any of their power cords, so that one doesn't need this as an "add on?"

Partly...The Powerflux has the FI-50 IEC15 connector. The older Power Reference III has a GC-303 module. Neither cable model has an AC-1501 EMI Filter. The Flux-50 incorporates all of these component parts plus more.

Masterlu 11-07-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 (Post 548646)

The Flux-50 is unique, and would need to be added to even their power cords for this effect.