AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Inspire by Dennis Had (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Dennis Had Inspire Amps (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=24170)

BeerCan 03-30-2014 04:44 PM

New user here but I purchased one of these recently. A KT66 version, I am waiting for my preamp to arrive so I can use it. I am going to try it with my KEF LS50's so it will be a workout for sure.

Justlisten2 03-30-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 594286)
The Inspire amps have become so popular they've all ready hit the used market.

I've seen the first one on Audiogon now too.

Masterlu 03-30-2014 05:02 PM

BeerCan... Welcome! :wave:

Justlisten2 03-30-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerCan (Post 594645)
New user here but I purchased one of these recently. A KT66 version, I am waiting for my preamp to arrive so I can use it. I am going to try it with my KEF LS50's so it will be a workout for sure.

Welcome BeerCan!! :beerchug:

What preamp are you waiting for? An Inspire LP2? Those KEF's should be a good challenge for the KT66 amp! How big is your listening room?

BeerCan 03-30-2014 09:11 PM

pre amp is from another manufacturer. I don't want to name them until I have it in hand but it should be a good one. :)

My listening space is small so this may just work out fine. I will keep an eye on the amp the first couple of days to make sure it is not getting to hot. I think at my low listening levels I will be ok

Coltrane1 03-31-2014 04:30 PM

Welcome BC!

From one newb' to another, you'll do just fine with that amp in a small space. Small spaces need love too! :banana:

Jwhcfi 04-02-2014 07:00 PM

Hey guys,
Any idea what frequency range & efficiency the Dennis Had speakers might be and will he be offering soon?

Jwhcfi 04-02-2014 07:01 PM

This SET bug is getting to me. :)

Formerly YB-2 04-02-2014 07:29 PM

You can look up the Morel tweeter spec's at Parts Express for the top end. A 10" woofer in an OB configuration with a narrow baffle like Dennis' design is likely going to roll-off (down 3db) on the bottom around 50hz from what I've been reading. There is a fairly good thread on just OB speakers in the speaker forum at that 'other' audio forum (AK) website. Want more on the bottom you will likely want a powered sub. Some folks also run a super-tweeter on the top.

Justlisten2 04-03-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwhcfi (Post 595745)
Hey guys,
Any idea what frequency range & efficiency the Dennis Had speakers might be and will he be offering soon?

Hey Wes,
I believe Dennis said that the speakers were measured at 90 dB efficient, but he didn't mention range or load. He also didn't mention anything about selling or shipping them. He said that he made a few pairs that he sold to some local fellas in North Carolina. He hasn't shipped them to anyone yet, and I didn't get the impression that he was itching to start shipping speakers. I think he's happy just shipping little amps ....you do know he is retired....right??? :thumbsup: