AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wilson Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Wilson vs BW, the hassidic way ! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=1416)

Jerome W 06-26-2009 05:38 AM

Wilson vs BW, the hassidic way !

Now, I have a proof !!
Hassidim in Anvers, Belgium, don't only cut diamonds and study the Talmud.
They are also in High End Hi Fi business !!
I thought our hobby could qualify as "AVODA ZARA" ( "Adoring idoles")...
Now I feel better !!
Cheers and enjoy this video : YouTube - Alpha, B&W Signature Diamond Vs Wilson Audio Sophia 2.: YouTube - Alpha, B&W Signature Diamond Vs Wilson Audio Sophia 2.

80B 06-26-2009 10:07 AM

Jérôme,
Thanks for that - it assuages Catholic guilt too! :eek:

The Sophia 2's would blow away the Signature Diamonds (IMO) given where the two models are on each company's product hierarchy, but it looked like they were in the same spot because of space more than for comparison purposes.

I should have stopped in there when I was staying in Brussels a couple years back. That store looks like a place you could hang out at for an afternoon for sure.

Jerome W 06-26-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 80B (Post 24289)
Jérôme,

I should have stopped in there when I was staying in Brussels a couple years back. That store looks like a place you could hang out at for an afternoon for sure.

+ 1 on both of your statements !!

Basite 06-26-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

just an afternoon? I spent entire days there. Actually, I still do :)

great store with great people. Definately visit them when you ever come near Antwerp again :)

Keep them spinning.
Bert.

tony-w 06-26-2009 12:06 PM

Might be fun starting an audiophile religion.:D

Jerome W 06-26-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony-w (Post 24302)
Might be fun starting an audiophile religion.:D

Great idea !!!!
I vote for Dan (jdandy) to be our guru !
For me, he is the "WISE and the SAGE".
Jérôme

Still-One 06-30-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Jérôme,

The Sophia 2's would blow away the Signature Diamonds (IMO) given where the two models are on each company's product hierarchy, but it looked like they were in the same spot because of space more than for comparison purposes.

The Signature Diamonds with the right gear will not be blown away the Sophia 2's.

I lived near Antwerp from the end of 97 to the middle of 99. I somehow missed the hi end audio stores. Maybe I spent too much time with the food.