AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Accuphase (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   New Accuphase A-48 class A amp (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46009)

pabe12 09-02-2019 04:15 PM

Still no English-language brochure at Accuphase.com, but the German distributor has one in German on their news page: https://pia-hifi.de/news/

Oh, and I have one since last Friday ;-) together with a C-2450 (instead of C-2120)

plb0202 09-07-2019 07:09 AM

Some specs

・The output stage features a circuit configuration equivalent to that of the A-75
・6 parallel push-pull arrangement of MOS-FETs in the power amplifier modules.
・Newly-developed, massive high efficiency toroidal power transformer
・Two 60,000uF filtering capacitors (the A-47 has 2 56,000uF)
・Rated Output Power: 45W/8 ohm、90W/4 ohm、180W/2 ohm、320W/1 ohm
・Damping Factor of 800 where the A-47 is 600

Pancho 09-10-2019 12:41 PM

Hello Martin - currently using a Class A Luxman 590AXii.....with Triangle Magellan Cello Speakers ....considering Accuphase pre & power combination as my next upgrade ...

Was considering P4500 and then all this talk about A48 comes up.....would you Martin advocate that A48 would win thumps up against the p4500. Might be hard to say if you haven't auditioned them - still your knowledge if you could share is much appreciated.

At that level - would A & AB would it be sonically different ? audible enough ? Thanks

modlin 09-13-2019 12:24 PM

class a amps from accuphase have balanced and unbalanced inputs...does this mean, one can hook up 2 different preamps and amp will automatically run signal from whichever preamp is turned on?

Roni 09-13-2019 01:53 PM

I don't know from accuphase, I do with mcintosh just turn the button wish ever you want, balanced or unbalanced.

hifihut 09-13-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modlin (Post 979544)
class a amps from accuphase have balanced and unbalanced inputs...does this mean, one can hook up 2 different preamps and amp will automatically run signal from whichever preamp is turned on?

No, you will have to manually change the input on the front of the amp. It will not "auto-detect"

modlin 09-13-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hifihut (Post 979563)
No, you will have to manually change the input on the front of the amp. It will not "auto-detect"

:thumbsup:

kimurastanley 09-20-2019 02:57 AM

I have a chance to listen to E650 and C2420+A48 in the same system. Pretty amazed with the pre-power combo as compared to the great E650.
There is more ease and effortlessness, with better separation and better control of the system.

meltemi 09-20-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancho (Post 979194)
Hello Martin - currently using a Class A Luxman 590AXii.....with Triangle Magellan Cello Speakers ....considering Accuphase pre & power combination as my next upgrade ...

Was considering P4500 and then all this talk about A48 comes up.....would you Martin advocate that A48 would win thumps up against the p4500. Might be hard to say if you haven't auditioned them - still your knowledge if you could share is much appreciated.

At that level - would A & AB would it be sonically different ? audible enough ? Thanks

Sorry, but I cannot honestly answer your question. Too many unknown parameters to me. I do neither know the Luxman nor your speakers, and there is also no information about your sources or your cabling.

I once had the opportunity to listen to P-4200 vs. A-47, but on speakers and in an environment I knew. To my ears, the A-47 had some advantages over the P-4200, so personally I would have chosen Class A in this context.

Generally speaking, you need to find the optimum balance for your system. All components (sources, amps, speakers and cables) should eventually be chosen to match your sonic taste.
The only way to find your personal optimum is by doing a lot of (comparative) listening.
In this context you should not try to listen for differences you could describe in words, but rather rely on your emotional reaction to the music.
Do you feel more relaxed with a particular choice than with another? Do you get tired of listening more quickly with one choice than with another? Do you feel, you like one sonic character more than another?

Martin

paltomare 09-20-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimurastanley (Post 980188)
I have a chance to listen to E650 and C2420+A48 in the same system. Pretty amazed with the pre-power combo as compared to the great E650.
There is more ease and effortlessness, with better separation and better control of the system.

Thanks for this info. I was on the fence with this exact component decision to make two weeks ago, without the luxury of hearing either component. Decided to go pre/power and now just waiting for them to come in.