AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Esoteric Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Couldn't leave well enough alone!!! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47389)

tdelahanty 01-04-2020 10:10 PM

Couldn't leave well enough alone!!!

My dealer had a KO1x which I looked at several times. I decided to take it home New Year's Eve. No surprise it's found a new home. To this point I was quite happy with my KO5, but to put it mildly the KO1x blows it away in every aspect. As an added bonus it makes my Lumin U1 sound better too. I'm very excited and thrilled with this belated Xmas gift. Santa is GOOD:music:

PMCH 01-04-2020 11:51 PM

Congrats on your K01x. I am sure it will bring a big smile every time you play it. I love mine and can’t ever seeing it being replaced. It does everything. It is truly an amazing unit.

For The Love of Music 01-04-2020 11:55 PM

Nice addition!

jdandy 01-05-2020 01:04 AM

Tom.......Congratulations on an excellent upgrade. The Esoteric K-01X is a formidable digital playback component. I upgraded from a K-03 to the K-01X and absolutely love mine. If you haven't had a chance to read my Esoteric K-01X Review , you may find it interesting.

djwhog 01-05-2020 01:08 AM

Nice Tom congrats! Very nice unit...

tdelahanty 01-05-2020 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 991394)
Tom.......Congratulations on an excellent upgrade. The Esoteric K-01X is a formidable digital playback component. I upgraded from a K-03 to the K-01X and absolutely love mine. If you haven't had a chance to read my Esoteric K-01X Review , you may find it interesting.

My first thought was a KO3xs but decided this was an opportunity that should not be overlooked!!!

tdelahanty 01-05-2020 07:26 AM

Thanks guys, every time I listen to this player I have a huge smile.

tdelahanty 01-05-2020 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMCH (Post 991387)
Congrats on your K01x. I am sure it will bring a big smile every time you play it. I love mine and can’t ever seeing it being replaced. It does everything. It is truly an amazing unit.

Which do you prefer your player or streaming with Aurender?

PMCH 01-05-2020 10:49 AM

Tom, I definitely prefer the sound quality of playing CD's and SACD's with the K-01x more than streaming with my Aurender. I do like streaming music with the Aurender to listen to new music without any other investment. I do stream most of the time since I like being able to switch albums and songs so easily with the Aurender but when I am seriously listening to music it is always with the K-01x playing a CD or SACDd.

tdelahanty 01-05-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMCH (Post 991416)
Tom, I definitely prefer the sound quality of playing CD's and SACD's with the K-01x more than streaming with my Aurender. I do like streaming music with the Aurender to listen to new music without any other investment. I do stream most of the time since I like being able to switch albums and songs so easily with the Aurender but when I am seriously listening to music it is always with the K-01x playing a CD or SACDd.

I agree completely. The convenience and volume of music have me gravitating more and more to the Lumin. However being old-school I still enjoy handling hard media and like browsing the liner notes.