AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Travel & Leisure (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Modena/Maranello (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=34902)

SHV 02-24-2016 08:42 PM

Modena/Maranello
 
Al, the wife, asked about going to Italy this year; Milan, Modena/Maranello, Ferrari factory visit. Advice from people who have done the "Tour", arrange through dealer?, FNA?, etc.

Steve

Masterlu 02-24-2016 08:48 PM

Been there, done it, unforgettable! Start by arranging through your dealer. Plan on 2 full days at Modena/Ferrari. :ok:

Milan makes Beverly Hills Rodeo Dr look like Sesame St. ;)

Masterlu 02-24-2016 08:52 PM

Ferrari basically owns the entire city. Between the vineyard, restaurant, museum, gift shop, Ferrari factory, Maserati factory, race track, F1 training facility, you will never run out of things to do and see!

mchydro 02-24-2016 10:54 PM

Also happens to be the birthplace of the late great Luciano Pavarotti.

cma29 02-25-2016 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 762335)
Been there, done it, unforgettable! Start by arranging through your dealer. Plan on 2 full days at Modena/Ferrari. :ok:

Milan makes Beverly Hills Rodeo Dr look like Sesame St. ;)

I'm going to Milan at the end of March. :D

SHV 03-17-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHV (Post 762332)
Al, the wife, asked about going to Italy this year; Milan, Modena/Maranello, Ferrari factory visit. Advice from people who have done the "Tour", arrange through dealer?, FNA?, etc.

Steve

Just got e-mail that Ferrari factory tour approved for May 22 at 10:00 AM. Al, the wife, had booked hotels and travel several months ago but long wait for Ferrari to approve date. Lucked out!!

Steve

Masterlu 03-17-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHV (Post 837255)
Just got e-mail that Ferrari factory tour approved for May 22 at 10:00 AM. Al, the wife, had booked hotels and travel several months ago but long wait for Ferrari to approve date. Lucked out!!

Steve

This will be one of your most memorable trips ever! Unfortunately, Ferrari does not allow any photographs once the tour starts.

If you even take out your iPhone, they will stop the tour and kindly ask you to put it away.

cma29 03-17-2017 04:59 PM

If going during warm-weather months, I recommend making a detour to Lake Como as part of the trip.

Masterlu 03-17-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cma29 (Post 837266)
If going during warm-weather months, I recommend making a detour to Lake Como as part of the trip.

Huge +1 :ok:

SHV 03-17-2017 06:17 PM

May 22 was our second date so Al is having to re-schedule lodging. Fortunately the Planet had a vacancy. She wants to hang out in the cinqueterre for five days and a few in Firenza, then London for a few days. She is working the schedule constrained by vacation days and running a race in Brooklyn on the way out and a race in London on the way home.

Steve


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2018 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.