AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Stillpoints (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Stillpoints Ultra SS Review (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39287)

For The Love of Music 04-21-2018 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...8&d=1524365473

This is how I am using the Ultra SS with Base, and from my understanding it can work if flipped from what it sounds like you guys are saying but have no experience there.

I have had the best outcome with these used in a tri-support focusing placement directly under transformers, power supplies, transports and similar, cracking them from full tightness to a credit card width - I believe Ivan may of mentioned tuning these in this or an earlier string.

Great tweak, no burn in, instant results - 1000% worth it!

Attachment 55118

Maks 04-21-2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 912263)
No problem, let me know if you want a set; they are inexpensive and in stock. ;)

I'll hit you up tomorrow, might be some other things I'm interested in as well.

Edit: FTLoM, yeah all the pics I found were in that configuration. I'm thinking about minis for my C2300 too. I was really impressed with the Stillpoints LPI weight, first time I've heard actual difference w/one of those devices so I'm convinced Stillpoints is the real deal and not a snake oil tweak.

Nacho 04-27-2018 04:30 PM

Hi everybody.
I read a lot of improvements but always from midbass to top end.
About bass it seems it clears it.
That means bass is less weighty?
Regards.

crwilli 04-27-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacho (Post 912943)
Hi everybody.
I read a lot of improvements but always from midbass to top end.
About bass it seems it clears it.
That means bass is less weighty?
Regards.

In my limited experience with minis and Ultra SS, the clarity you gain ‘seems’ to bring less weight in the bass but it is extra clear bass. It has taken me a few months to get used to it and resist tweaking my crossover and sub controls. The low end I have is tight, fast and deep only if there is music down there. There is no mud and I attribute that to the Stillpoints.

chessman 04-28-2018 12:28 PM

My experience with Ultra 5's under the speakers was both weightier and more accurate bass. :)

Eric-E 05-06-2018 03:48 PM

Thanks for all the information on Stillpoints. I have read a lot on these and might soon take the plunge. Understanding one should start with amplification (my speakers are Klipsch Ls Scalas and as far as I can tell the general consensus is should not be raised) which Stillpoints product should I use on my McIntosh MC275? Would the minis work? Would three work? Thanks in advance for your thoughts

For The Love of Music 05-10-2018 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric-E (Post 914044)
Thanks for all the information on Stillpoints. I have read a lot on these and might soon take the plunge. Understanding one should start with amplification (my speakers are Klipsch Ls Scalas and as far as I can tell the general consensus is should not be raised) which Stillpoints product should I use on my McIntosh MC275? Would the minis work? Would three work? Thanks in advance for your thoughts

I had those speakers in the early 90’s painted black and yeah the foot print is big on those, so Ultra 5’s for sure.

Triangulate or place as a quad under your amps using Ultra SS, bases can be added later, if needed.

In the marketplace, there may be a set available.

johndoe21ro 07-12-2018 01:33 AM

I look forward to receive mine! :D
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

johndoe21ro 07-24-2018 05:49 AM

My Stillpoints arrived just the other day. I've installed 3 of them under my IsoTek Sigmas power conditioner. If I want to use 4 of them I have to order one more piece (my kit comprised of 3 footers). I've seen that in some places they say they have the "current version" of the Ultra SS... Are there more versions of it? If yes, how do you tell them apart? Thanks!

P.S. I'm asking this because I've ordered my set from Holland and I want to order the 4th piece from the local official importer.
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Timobi 03-31-2020 12:36 PM

What a wonderful review by Dan. :thumbsup:

I am thinking of trying these Ultra SS under my MC2301's as well. I used these under my speakers in my previous home. Now they are just collecting dust.

According to this review I need ¼-20 to 10-32 adapters? What length? I am assuming Stillpoints has these?