AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Technical Info & Troubleshooting (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Best way to download uncompressed music... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=27964)

trek737 08-13-2014 04:18 PM

Best way to download uncompressed music...

In the past when I wanted to down load music for my iPod to work out with I went to iTunes...

Well I want to download some songs not only for my iPod but also would put it on a CD for my car and home system...

What is the easiest way to have uncompressed music for the car and home set up and still have it on my iPod for the gym, running, yard work etc...

Thanks...:music:

And yes I know I am never the first on any new technology and this has been around for awhile.

Pau 08-13-2014 05:47 PM

I have disk where I keep my hi-res files and another disk for my compressed files.

Yamaki 08-13-2014 06:55 PM

You need something in the car to deliver the hi-res music to your car's audio system. What head unit do you have? A lot of CD based head units will not play apple format files.

You can use your iPod in the car by getting an iPod adapter harness to interface it to your head unit. What harness to get depends on the head unit. Another way would be bluetooth enabled file transfer but for larger music files that can be problematic. A hardwired solution would probably be best.

You can even do the same thing with the home system unless you want to employ some network attached storage, a streamer and a DAC.

That way, only one hi-res file format is needed and you can load up the iPod for music play in the house or to go regardless if it's by car, foot or bike! Hmmm...even kayak! ;)

o0OBillO0o 08-14-2014 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trek737 (Post 630502)
In the past when I wanted to down load music for my iPod to work out with I went to iTunes... Well I want to download some songs not only for my iPod but also would put it on a CD for my car and home system... What is the easiest way to have uncompressed music for the car and home set up and still have it on my iPod for the gym, running, yard work etc... Thanks...:music: And yes I know I am never the first on any new technology and this has been around for awhile.

Recommended for uncompressed music, is to buy a CD and copy to your iTunes Library. You then make playlists that can be burned to CDs via iTunes. Use the playlist on the iPod in the gym and mix/custom CDs in the car. Its that easy. Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

trek737 08-21-2014 07:23 AM

Thanks guys for all of the ideas....

Haurock 08-21-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o (Post 630640)
Recommended for uncompressed music, is to buy a CD and copy to your iTunes Library. You then make playlists that can be burned to CDs via iTunes. Use the playlist on the iPod in the gym and mix/custom CDs in the car. Its that easy. Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

+1.... :thumbsup:

The other option is to have a car with a USB adapter to plug your iPod into, but not all cars have one... so it might get tricky... :yes:

bart 08-21-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haurock (Post 632461)
+1.... :thumbsup:

The other option is to have a car with a USB adapter to plug your iPod into, but not all cars have one... so it might get tricky... :yes:

This is indeed the way I do it.
On an iPod Touch 64 Gb, you can put like 200 CDs.

trek737 08-22-2014 08:17 AM

I wish my car had the iPod adaptor but I afraid it does not.😔

Yamaki 08-22-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trek737 (Post 632653)
I wish my car had the iPod adaptor but I afraid it does not.��

Check out PacAudio for harness adapters and iPod integration. :yes:

trek737 08-23-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamaki (Post 632670)
Check out PacAudio for harness adapters and iPod integration. :yes:

Perfect.... Thanks!:thumbsup: