AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Lewis Hamilton 7 World Titles Formula 1 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49020)

PHC1 11-15-2020 12:41 PM

Lewis Hamilton 7 World Titles Formula 1

Lewis Hamilton has become accustomed to making history and, at a rain-soaked Turkish Grand Prix, the Englishman put his name in the record books once again as he equaled Michael Schumacher's record of seven world titles.

Last month Hamilton, 35, surpassed Schumacher's all-time record of 91 Grand Prix wins to become the sport's most successful racer and had long since broken the German's career pole-positions record.

To win Formula One's drivers' championship at Istanbul Park, the Mercedes driver needed to finish eight points ahead of teammate Valtteri Bottas and did so with ease in often treacherous conditions, securing a fourth successive title by winning the race after starting sixth.

https://e3.365dm.com/20/11/768x432/s...ne_5172976.jpg

PHC1 11-15-2020 12:45 PM

RACE HIGHLIGHTS VIDEO

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...woOaXaL10.html

Garytn 11-15-2020 01:22 PM

History in the making. Hamilton is a great champion. I watched this race, and at the halfway point it appeared Hamilton was out of the hunt. Then he just took over. It seemed he had no thought of being conservative to ensure the championship. He just simply left everybody. For today, his car was not the fastest. Plus, all his rivals were on fresher tires. Yet, he left everybody behind. Incredible.

radio times 11-15-2020 06:50 PM

It's been a good year for blightonian wheeled sport. Apart from Lewis, we had a London lad winning the Giro D'Italia race (2nd only to the Tour de France), and a lad from Lancashire came third in the Tour of Spain. I prefer pro cycling as it's always the man and not the machine.

PHC1 11-15-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radio times (Post 1021306)
It's been a good year for blightonian wheeled sport. Apart from Lewis, we had a London lad winning the Giro D'Italia race (2nd only to the Tour de France), and a lad from Lancashire came third in the Tour of Spain. I prefer pro cycling as it's always the man and not the machine.

Well, a man and his enhancement pharmaceuticals... oh never mind... That was that other famous cyclist and many like him. :D

Congratulations! Any bit of exciting and good news this year is most welcome. :thumbsup:

radio times 11-15-2020 07:52 PM

They are pretty darn thorough with drug testing these days, which is why three week races are won by less than a minute normally. The days of epo and pot Belge are well and truly over. Unless they have got a new one of course. Average speeds have gone down as well, in spite of the tech advances since Lance's days, and it's been a year of young winners too.

antipop 11-18-2020 12:48 PM

And in his own words, he's only starting. He's truly unbelievable and clearly a few notch above anybody else though I can see some competition in the future from the next generation of drivers. There's a few talented ones.

Hamilton may be one of the hardest worker on the grid today.

Formerly YB-2 11-18-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radio times (Post 1021306)

Congrats to LH. Not to take anything away, but he has had a clearly superior machine in the years he has won and the #2 driver for Mercedes, in the same machine, was never really his equal. Once or twice a Ferrari or Renault powered machine was competitive on & off, but never with the consistently top performance of Mercedes. Would be nice to see Ford return to a serious effort in F1 and offer Mercedes a run for their money.

Yep, the Brits have done very well in cycling over the past several years in both the epic races (GC & sprints). Interesting winner in the TdF this year and the young South Americans are doing better. Speaking of cycling, it is one of the preferred forms of athletic work by many motorized sports drivers. A couple of them have either died (Hayden of F1 motorcycles) or been badly hurt in accidents with cars.

Hopefully, all of us will have a better year in 2021 and things will get back to something more akin to normal, whatever that is.

radio times 11-19-2020 01:21 PM

Space man Rad is getting a little tiring. As is thinking of jacking in my job 'till the vaccines come every morning. They will gracefully allow me unpaid leave without tending my behind out to grass,just gotta word it right. At least I made the jump to hi fi. That's sumpin'.

FreddieFerric 11-29-2020 10:54 PM

Congrats on a great feat. Anything tying or surpassing MS is something in itself. That said, however, I've been long suspicious of F1 and the level of the playing field between both teams an drivers for said teams.

Hopefully LH won't take up the fine art of back country skiing anytime too soon.