AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Potential Stradivari owner! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=36665)

Douglas 08-06-2016 04:23 AM

Potential Stradivari owner!

Hi Folks,

Just when I thought I was done with a super optimised and sublime system, along comes a temptation. I am about to pull the trigger on Violin Red Stradivari's. The speakers were manufactured in 2013

I would have to sell some things to fund the acquisition

I am a bit nervous. What do you think? :D

bart 08-06-2016 07:30 AM

Haha Douglas, Audiophilia Nervosa!!
A most dangerous but pleasant disease.
It is incurable, so just succumb...

By the way, Stradivaris are gorgeous speakers: the looks, the sound.

doguniverse 08-06-2016 07:42 AM

Lucky you. Go for it!

Douglas 08-06-2016 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 796341)
Haha Douglas, Audiophilia Nervosa!!
A most dangerous but pleasant disease.
It is incurable, so just succumb...

By the way, Stradivaris are gorgeous speakers: the looks, the sound.

Bart....Tell me about it! I was just telling a friend last week that I am done!

I cannot believe the scale of these speakers. I auditioned them on an Audio Research 75SE, which is not ideal, but I could not believe the scale of these speakers. Performers were literally lifesize and vocals were just sublime. I can see what the fuss is about, it's ;like love at first sight.

I think I going to get them :banana:

crwilli 08-06-2016 08:23 AM

Come on in Douglas! The water's fine.

Be prepared to spend time dialing them in. While they will sound good pretty quickly, they will really reward the patience to dial them in.

Douglas 08-06-2016 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 796354)
Come on in Douglas! The water's fine.

Be prepared to spend time dialing them in. While they will sound good pretty quickly, they will really reward the patience to dial them in.

Crwilli....I would appreciate tips on Toe-in and rake. It seems that sharp toe-in such as pointing them directly at the listener is the norm, but not sure about rake. I hope the bass properly in my room

crwilli 08-06-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas (Post 796359)
Crwilli....I would appreciate tips on Toe-in and rake. It seems that sharp toe-in such as pointing them directly at the listener is the norm, but not sure about rake. I hope the bass properly in my room

I think toe-in will be a function of your specific room and perhaps your listening tastes.

By the way, I have been stumbling my way through the Sumiko Masters Speaker setup process which I would recommend you try. I followed it over the course of many months and each time, found better sound and twice, 'aha' moments.

Douglas 08-06-2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 796360)
I think toe-in will be a function of your specific room and perhaps your listening tastes.

By the way, I have been stumbling my way through the Sumiko Masters Speaker setup process which I would recommend you try. I followed it over the course of many months and each time, found better sound and twice, 'aha' moments.

I would definitely try the master speaker setup process. It will probably be a 2-week wait should I decide to buy the Strads. But yea I think my mind is made up......cannot wait

Antonmb 08-06-2016 10:08 AM

Excellent, go for it. The Strads are gorgeous speakers, I can't imagine you regretting it.

joey_v 08-06-2016 01:03 PM

I've been there and bought the Strads...
You will enjoy them!

Great speakers