AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   McIntosh Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   XRT2K: buy them now or never. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=50616)

McIntosh-maTRiX 12-03-2021 06:15 AM

XRT2K: buy them now or never.

Hi everybody,

like any self-respecting audiophile, unfortunately for my bank account that echoes (it's empty, ehehehe :D), I again have the inordinate need to make an update to my system; a step forward that I would have certainly taken with the right time and with the right calm, to be able to organize myself economically and physically for the new products that I intend to buy.
But, this time, unfortunately, I think the time is up! :scratch2:

I would like to "give myself" a couple of the last 10 examples produced by McIntosh of the renewed XRT2K that mount the black Mids, that is, the ones you find in the XRT1K, which I have owned for some years and with great satisfaction...

I know perfectly well that with a single pair of MC 1.25KW the XRT2Ks will not immediately give the best of them, having the possibility, as amply described by the good Ivan, to even be tri-amplified with a total of 6 MC2KW !! (3 per side). :crazy: :naughty: :D

But the problem is that today I think it's the last chance to buy new the best speaker McIntosh has ever produced in his life.

How should I behave?
In your opinion, there would be the possibility, by contacting McIntosh directly, of having a couple put aside to be able to buy them by 2022, that is, as soon as I have the economic availability to be able to buy them, or will I have to get used to the sad idea that I'll never have them?

I tried to send an email to McIntosh but after a week I didn't get any response. :(
Are there any other mail contacts? :thought:

Thank you all and I hope to hear your views on this soon.

Formerly YB-2 12-03-2021 08:40 AM

Since they also own Sonus Faber, perhaps the lack of response is giving you a hint on where to look for new speakers in Italy. :dunno:

FreddieFerric 12-03-2021 09:31 AM

I find that picking up the phone and calling them tends to get the best results.

1-607-723-3512

If that fails have a nice discussion with your local dealer.

McIntosh-maTRiX 12-03-2021 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1050020)
giving you a hint on where to look for new speakers in Italy. :dunno:

Hi Formerly and thanks for your interest.
Unfortunately, I don't find a musical feeling with the Sonus Faber and I wouldn't like the idea of going from a totally aluminum cabinet on which 6 12" woofers are mounted to one in wood / MDF that has a maximum of one 12" woofer and will never reflect my way of conceiving the dynamics of music.

There is a topic in which Ivan (Davide vs. Goliath) explains very well the differences between the two products in question and I find myself fully in the XRT2K world.

McIntosh-maTRiX 12-03-2021 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieFerric (Post 1050024)
I find that picking up the phone and calling them

Thanks for the info, Freddie. :thumbsup:
Do you also have an email address so I can explain myself better? (reasons related to the language, unfortunately)

FreddieFerric 12-03-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McIntosh-maTRiX (Post 1050027)
Thanks for the info, Freddie. :thumbsup:
Do you also have an email address so I can explain myself better? (reasons related to the language, unfortunately)

I have a contact at Mc with email that I won't post on the open forum. You can't receive private messages because you're not a subscriber. $25 US will get you there and I will be happy to assist you.

Ivan probably has better contacts at Mc than I do so you might reach out to him as well.

The benefits of being a subscriber cannot be overstated.

keef 12-03-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McIntosh-maTRiX (Post 1050015)
Hi everybody,

like any self-respecting audiophile, unfortunately for my bank account that echoes (it's empty, ehehehe :D), I again have the inordinate need to make an update to my system; a step forward that I would have certainly taken with the right time and with the right calm, to be able to organize myself economically and physically for the new products that I intend to buy.
But, this time, unfortunately, I think the time is up! :scratch2:

I would like to "give myself" a couple of the last 10 examples produced by McIntosh of the renewed XRT2K that mount the black Mids, that is, the ones you find in the XRT1K, which I have owned for some years and with great satisfaction...

I know perfectly well that with a single pair of MC 1.25KW the XRT2Ks will not immediately give the best of them, having the possibility, as amply described by the good Ivan, to even be tri-amplified with a total of 6 MC2KW !! (3 per side). :crazy: :naughty: :D

But the problem is that today I think it's the last chance to buy new the best speaker McIntosh has ever produced in his life.

How should I behave?
In your opinion, there would be the possibility, by contacting McIntosh directly, of having a couple put aside to be able to buy them by 2022, that is, as soon as I have the economic availability to be able to buy them, or will I have to get used to the sad idea that I'll never have them?

I tried to send an email to McIntosh but after a week I didn't get any response. :(
Are there any other mail contacts? :thought:

Thank you all and I hope to hear your views on this soon.

Really? 1.25KW won’t get the job done!!! Thats distressing....

Charles 12-03-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keef (Post 1050036)
Really? 1.25KW won’t get the job done!!! Thats distressing....

I think a pair of 901's would do a great job on these speakers. Six MC2KW's is way too much for me. The amount of power cords, 20 amp lines, and power conditioners is too much. The space (18 large boxes) would be enormous. I thought long and hard about these amps but they need an update and updated binding posts. These amps are 16 years old. I'm not sure that Mac will ever update them. I think three 1.25's/speaker in a tri-amp configuration totally adequate to drive XRT2K's, but I'd go with a pair of 901's after consulting with Mac.

Best

Charles

McIntosh-maTRiX 12-03-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieFerric (Post 1050028)
Ivan probably has better contacts at Mc than I do so you might reach out to him as well.
The benefits of being a subscriber cannot be overstated.

Just what I need:
help from the great Ivan!
Consider that with the pandemic going on for 2 years now, XRT2K has become my daily obsession...
I'll have to have them...

McIntosh-maTRiX 12-03-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keef (Post 1050036)
Really? 1.25KW won’t get the job done!!! That's distressing...

If you really want to get the most out of that speaker, a single pair of 1.25KW would, unfortunately, be ineffective and limiting for all elements of the tower.
Consider that on my current XRT1K, which only has two 10" woofers, I had already thought of bi-amping them with two 1.25 per side.:music:
The XRT2K has SIX 12" woofers!:D
You should also choose the option of tri-amplification with three 1.25 per side.:scratch2: