AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   CD Players, Digital Music & Servers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   ROON core on a NUC (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40764)

orosie 10-16-2017 11:42 AM

I recently upgraded my Roon Core from a MacMini i5 to a SonicTransporter i7, with a Kaby Lake i7 proc, 8GB DDR4 memory and 120GB SSD. One of the main reasons was a fan-less aluminum case with an external power supply, but probably the most important reason was the dual NICs that are bridged, so I can connect the ST to my network switch, and my Auralic Aries (Roon Endpoint) directly to the ST, and bypass the busy network, for a pure as possible connection. Aries connects to my Auralic Vega via Curious USB.

All of my digital files are housed on a Synology DS916+.

Very happy with new setup...

:thumbsup:

Still-One 10-20-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orosie (Post 872631)
I recently upgraded my Roon Core from a MacMini i5 to a SonicTransporter i7, with a Kaby Lake i7 proc, 8GB DDR4 memory and 120GB SSD. One of the main reasons was a fan-less aluminum case with an external power supply, but probably the most important reason was the dual NICs that are bridged, so I can connect the ST to my network switch, and my Auralic Aries (Roon Endpoint) directly to the ST, and bypass the busy network, for a pure as possible connection. Aries connects to my Auralic Vega via Curious USB.

All of my digital files are housed on a Synology DS916+.

Very happy with new setup...

:thumbsup:

I was looking at the Small Green Computer website and I cannot find a phone number anywhere to contact them. I am either blind or they aren't very customer friendly. :dunno:

orosie 10-20-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 873570)
I was looking at the Small Green Computer website and I cannot find a phone number anywhere to contact them. I am either blind or they aren't very customer friendly. :dunno:

When looking at products on their site, there is a contact box in the lower right of the browser you can click on to provide your contact info. They were very responsive when I ordered product...so I have no reason to believe they would not reach out to you if you pinged them prior to doing so.

Still-One 10-20-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orosie (Post 873583)
When looking at products on their site, there is a contact box in the lower right of the browser you can click on to provide your contact info. They were very responsive when I ordered product...so I have no reason to believe they would not reach out to you if you pinged them prior to doing so.

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess my age shows. I usually prefer a phone call.

Still-One 10-20-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orosie (Post 873583)

Thanks. I did as you suggested and received a phone number soon after. Had a good conversation and am pondering my options.