AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Shindo Petite Latour Alnico version (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=18514)

Jerome W 01-14-2013 03:58 AM

Shindo Petite Latour Alnico version

Hello Shindo friends,

Just wanted to know how many owners of those we have here.
What are their sound signature ? Why do you love them ? Which amp do you use ?
What is the minimum surface for the room to receive them ? ( I heard that Shindo speakers have a big sound and for smaller rooms the Lafite may be better suited....)
Last but not least, can someone tell me their list price ?
I'm considering them before jumping on the bigger ones with field coil.....

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

TommyC 01-14-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesW (Post 425807)
Hi Jerome, There is set for sale in Brisbane Australia-- I know him good bloke.

Des

Is this the one that's listed on the gon?

Masterlu 01-14-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omodo (Post 425818)
Jerome, I have sent you a PM, the pair listed on audiogon are mine.

Des, thanks for the kind words :)

Tommy, could you please remove my email address from your post?

Done ;)

TommyC 01-14-2013 01:37 PM

I wasn't aware I posted any email address!? Whats going on?

Edit: All sorted out. Back to regular programming.

shindostevesan 01-14-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jérôme W (Post 425801)
Hello Shindo friends,

Just wanted to know how many owners of those we have here.
What are their sound signature ? Why do you love them ? Which amp do you use ?
What is the minimum surface for the room to receive them ? ( I heard that Shindo speakers have a big sound and for smaller rooms the Lafite may be better suited....)
Last but not least, can someone tell me their list price ?
I'm considering them before jumping on the bigger ones with field coil.....

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

Jerome,

When you say "the bigger ones with field coil...." are you speaking of the full size Latours? Because I own the field coil Petite Latour which are the same size as the Alnico version--just different drivers and, now, it appears from Freestone's pair (of the Alnico version) with a port in front. I can't think of anyone besides Matt or maybe Richard (who might have auditioned both versions before buying) you could give the dish on the difference. I remember Matt saying when I queried him about the difference talking about getting more control, texture and presence with the FC version. At any rate, I love mine.

Jerome W 01-15-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyC (Post 425938)
I wasn't aware I posted any email address!? Whats going on?

Edit: All sorted out. Back to regular programming.

Des posted it Tommy. Not you :D !

Jerome W 01-15-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shindostevesan (Post 426004)
Jerome,

When you say "the bigger ones with field coil...." are you speaking of the full size Latours? Because I own the field coil Petite Latour which are the same size as the Alnico version--just different drivers and, now, it appears from Freestone's pair (of the Alnico version) with a port in front. I can't think of anyone besides Matt or maybe Richard (who might have auditioned both versions before buying) you could give the dish on the difference. I remember Matt saying when I queried him about the difference talking about getting more control, texture and presence with the FC version. At any rate, I love mine.

Thank you Steve.
I think I would have taken the bet for a field coil version of the Petite Latour...
Actually, this may be my next speaker or maybe the Latour if my room allows it. Not for now. I have to see Matt and his beautiful store first.
Planning a trip to California for summer 2014. With G's will.

shindostevesan 01-15-2013 12:11 PM

With G's will you'll purchase the full size Latours and never suffer again from loudspeaker envy! I might have to join you for the audition. Cheers.

Freestone 01-15-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shindostevesan (Post 426004)

Jerome,

I never was able to hear the field coil version.
I would like to.

Jerome W 01-15-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freestone (Post 426558)
I never was able to hear the field coil version.
I would like to.

Richard,
I thought you have the field coil version....