AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aerial Acoustics (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Aerial 5T (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=33015)

Forte 4A 09-15-2015 06:44 PM

Aerial 5T

Just heard the new Aerial 5T today at AV Therapy in Nashua NH. Very impressive. Clear smooth top end w/plenty of detail in the mid range. The speaker needs some power to get the most out of it. The Bryston Integrated, Parasound or the 200 wpc Plinius would be excellent matches. The bottom end is tight and tuneful add a decent sub and you'll basically have a 6T. Nice wide sound stage w/the music coming slightly behind the speakers. Big bands sounded dynamic. Excellent neutral realistic sound. I listened for about an hour and it was typical Aerial, no listening fatigue at all. If the lights were off you would think these are bigger speakers. They are also very easy to place as they are front ported. As far as fit and finish all I have to say it's an Aerial. :thumbsup:

1adam12 09-22-2015 07:00 PM

My interest is piqued. Is this a new bookshelf? The Aerial brand has been on my radar for awhile now.

JGM411 09-22-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forte 4A (Post 726694)
Just heard the new Aerial 5T today at AV Therapy in Nashua NH. Very impressive. Clear smooth top end w/plenty of detail in the mid range. The speaker needs some power to get the most out of it. The Bryston Integrated, Parasound or the 200 wpc Plinius would be excellent matches. The bottom end is tight and tuneful add a decent sub and you'll basically have a 6T. Nice wide sound stage w/the music coming slightly behind the speakers. Big bands sounded dynamic. Excellent neutral realistic sound. I listened for about an hour aue at nd it was typical Aerial, no listening fatigall. If the lights were off you would think these are bigger speakers. They are also very easy to place as they are front ported. As far as fit and finish all I have to say it's an Aerial. :thumbsup:

that needs to be a slogan. silky smooth no matter the genre.

Forte 4A 09-24-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1adam12 (Post 728238)
My interest is piqued. Is this a new bookshelf? The Aerial brand has been on my radar for awhile now.

Just released about 2 weeks ago.

1adam12 09-24-2015 03:06 PM

I was able to find one fairly grainy photo of these on Facebook. They look pretty sweet. Looking forward to more pics and specs.

GreginNH1 03-20-2016 08:24 PM

I just did a home audition of the 5T. It's an amazing speaker that does everything just right. I'm still comparing brands but it is still the top contender.

Forte 4A 03-24-2016 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreginNH1 (Post 768474)
I just did a home audition of the 5T. It's an amazing speaker that does everything just right. I'm still comparing brands but it is still the top contender.

What else are you looking at?? And tell us your final decision. The 5T's are excellent speakers. :thumbsup:

GreginNH1 03-24-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forte 4A (Post 769264)
What else are you looking at?? And tell us your final decision. The 5T's are excellent speakers. :thumbsup:

I listened to Kef, Spendor, Totem, Penaudio, Opera, Bryston, PSB and Klipsch. I liked the 5t's the best. They will arrive tomorrow!

Forte 4A 03-25-2016 08:13 PM

Congrats enjoy the music. :banana:

GreginNH1 03-25-2016 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forte 4A (Post 769548)
Congrats enjoy the music. :banana:

Thanks Forte 4A. These speakers sound surprisingly good right out of the box. I almost want to keep them at home but they are going to the office with my Luxman L590AX.

I should have listened to John at AV Therapy when he suggested the 7T for my main system. I am very happy with the Aerial sound.