AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Shindo with Devore 0/96 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=15021)

fjn04 08-22-2013 12:12 AM

Dirtbag- Congrats, that's great news!!! looking forward to your thoughts once you have logged a few hours on them. Is your Montille the EL84, or 6V6 version ? Cheers -Don

dirtbag 08-22-2013 09:55 AM

Don,
I have the 6V6 version, but i'm saving my pennies for a Cortese. Almost there.
Maybe the kids can wear last years clothes to school and then that would do the trick!

avta 08-23-2013 01:07 PM

dirtbag I'm curious. How would you compare the 0/96 to the Klipsch LaScala II ? Thanks

jondkaufman 08-23-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtbag (Post 523662)
Don,
I have the 6V6 version, but i'm saving my pennies for a Cortese. Almost there.
Maybe the kids can wear last years clothes to school and then that would do the trick!

Clothes for kids = about $800. Days spent sleeping on the sofa = about 12! Cortese (or Montille) with O/96s = priceless! :thumbsup:
Best, jdk

BTW: I have the EL84 version with the O's...Pretty gosh-darn good...

dirtbag 08-23-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avta (Post 523927)
dirtbag I'm curious. How would you compare the 0/96 to the Klipsch LaScala II ? Thanks

Give me a few weeks to listen to the O's and I'll let you know.

dirtbag 08-23-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jondkaufman (Post 523945)
Clothes for kids = about $800. Days spent sleeping on the sofa = about 12! Cortese (or Montille) with O/96s = priceless! :thumbsup:
Best, jdk

BTW: I have the EL84 version with the O's...Pretty gosh-darn good...

Good One!:D

pblandino 09-03-2013 01:03 AM

Hi gang: sorry it took so long to post a follow up. I finally received the speakers about three and a half months after ordering them. Right out of the box the speakers were a revelation and they just keep getting better and better as they break in.

In the past I've had ProAc Response 1SCs, Response 2.5s and most recently Response D2s. I've loved all of them, but they aren't ideal with Shindo gear. The Devore O/96s are effortless compared with the ProAcs. The ProAcs seem to want a little bit more juice to come alive. By comparison, the Devores sound amazing even at very low volume levels. They have an uncanny transparency where it seems like you can look right through them into the music. I've listened to some classical recordings at low volume, late at night, where I've been shocked at how tuneful and full-bodied basses sound when they come in. I've never heard anything like it with any ProAcs I've owned. High efficiency really makes a difference.

fjn04 09-03-2013 11:28 AM

Thanks for the update Peter. I know you are using a Massetto, and previous (window) version Haut Brion. What is your source? Glad to see they can work in a smaller listening area. I have a similar sized listening room for my my second system, and my O/96's in a 23 X 12 room. I have Spendor 3/5's in the smaller room. Perhaps I will try the 96's there someday. The Haut Brion and 96's seem to be a popular combination. Please keep us posted as you log some hours on them.

pblandino 09-05-2013 01:40 PM

I've mostly been listening to vinyl these days with my Michell Tecnodec and a Benz Glider. For digital I'm using a Mac Mini through the new Line Magnetic DAC. I'm very pleased with the tubed output of the LM piece, but the solid state output section is underwhelming. I mentioned to my dealer that I wished they'd left the SS section out and included a remote instead. The tubed output is pretty remarkable though, transparent and musical. Vocals seemed suspended in the air distinct from the instruments. I barely have any hours on it and it's already impressive. More to come as things break in.

KenSea 09-05-2013 07:49 PM

Peter, I too have proac would mind emailing me ckwebb@me.com as I have some questions for you.

Thanks,
Ken