AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Home Theater (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Serge's Theater (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=17753)

1KW 12-08-2012 11:04 AM

Serge's Theater

What ever you do, do not visit Serge's home theater as you will want to throw everything you have in the garbage :yes: This was the second time I have had the thrill of hearing and seeing his theater which has had several changes to gear since my first visit. The wilson speakers I have to admit are very good looking in person; I really like the deep jewel burgandy color with the rest of the room decor. The Dan D'Agostino monoblocks look like they were built by a jewelry craftsman, I am not exagerating :no: The combination of the Wilson speakers, these gorgeous monoblocks and Krell pre-amp are really all one needs for audio bliss. I usually tend to prefer a slightly warmer, yes a slightly colored sound so I have not paid much attention to the much more neutral sounding Wilson sound in the past but my mind may be changed :scratch2: after hearing this system. This stereo really sounds amazing as the room has been fully treated and I have to admit the imaging is terrific ! The only stereo imaging that I have heard that was better was when I heard the 3 D stereo processor in 2011.

Another new upgrade that impressed me was the resolution of the projector . Its obvious I need to upgrade my 7 year old projector which has only 720 p resolution. Since Serge and I both have the Oppo 95 I know it is not my source which is the issue :yes: I have to say if I had this set up I would not change a thing… but wait Serge has new speakers coming which are supposed to be even better than his Sasha's. One thing is for sure, there is no end :music:

Freestone 12-08-2012 11:36 AM

His theater looks awesome.

Ritmo 12-08-2012 12:06 PM

Thanks for sharing your impressions. I've seen the pictures; it is quite a room. :thumbsup:

Uberbrown 12-08-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 407653)
I usually tend to prefer a slightly warmer, yes a slightly colored sound so I have not paid much attention to the much more neutral sounding Wilson sound in the past but my mind may be changed :scratch2: after hearing this system.

:D Serge is wearing you down! :D

Uberbrown 12-08-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Another new upgrade that impressed me was the resolution of the projector.

Does Serge still have an RS35 or has he made a move?

Lunchy 12-08-2012 12:38 PM

I liked the look (brown walls & white-ish trim) of his theater so much I copied it for my audio room! We love it! :D

redm 12-08-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

The Dan D'Agostino monoblocks look like they were built by a jewelry craftsman, I am not exagerating :no: The combination of the Wilson speakers, these gorgeous monoblocks and Krell pre-amp are really all one needs for audio bliss.

I think it's the copper, something about the copper mixture makes it look.... I dont know.. but I think of a jeweler too.

Pyro 12-08-2012 08:40 PM

Good job Serge. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

BlueChiaro 12-08-2012 09:58 PM

David, that color red would go well at your place...just sayin'. ;)

As you say, the theater is absolutely spectacular, and regarding that thread the other day about hitting the lottery and buying a system...well, I'd simply try to buy the rights to use Serge's at my convenience. :D

Sent from my DROIDX using A.Aficionado

jfray 12-08-2012 10:00 PM

:ttiwwp::ttiwwp: