AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Audeze (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   LCD-3 Right Driver No Sound! :( (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39038)

larevoj 04-07-2017 04:33 AM

LCD-3 Right Driver No Sound! :(

I have an issue with my Audeze LCD-3 purchased back in 2015. I don't use the headphone much since I have a stereo system but it has been working fine until today. I am not sure what happened but the right driver is completely silent. I have tried switching between the original and ALO cables to make sure it wasn't due to cable connection issues but it made no difference. I have also tried plugging in with another headphone from Fostex to make sure the head amp and source is working fine - its perfect.

Clearly the right driver is not working. I am not sure what causes it but the volume wasn't high when I hit play and nothing is amiss either. I checked that Audeze has a 3 years warranty on its planer drivers and the warranty certificate has a start date of 3.13.2015 so I guess the unit is covered. Any of you had similar experience where the driver suddenly just isn't working?? Any idea what could have been the cause? Since its not the wires or amp or source...I am now thinking it is likely the planer drivers... :(

BlueSky 04-07-2017 06:18 AM

There's nothing especially delicate about a planar driver in and of itself. I suspect some wiring issue within the headphone ear cup itself from between the input connector and the driver itself. Send it back for R&R.

DinaMoe 04-07-2017 09:58 AM

Well, on the bright side, you'll be getting the "new and improved" drivers for you LCD3s. :-)

greekgod 04-08-2017 06:20 PM

Driver failures are common with Audeze headphones especially the LCD3s. It is the only reason I don't own a pair of Audeze headphones. The good news is that Audeze has an excellent reputation for repairing them under warranty and it is to my understanding that they will extend your warranty for another 3 years from when they do the repair.

djwhog 04-08-2017 06:47 PM

Never had any issues with my Audeze

larevoj 04-08-2017 11:10 PM

After doing some search and found this to be n known issue in 2015 and I think it's resolved in current models of LCD-3s. Good news is Audeze is committed to replace both drivers to the latest ones at no charge! I have also ordered the new carbon headband so this will be a good "upgrade" for me. :))

Masterlu 04-09-2017 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larevoj (Post 840973)
After doing some search and found this to be n known issue in 2015 and I think it's resolved in current models of LCD-3s. Good news is Audeze is committed to replace both drivers to the latest ones at no charge! I have also ordered the new carbon headband so this will be a good "upgrade" for me. :))

Cool Beans!

larevoj 05-09-2017 10:22 AM

Finally got it fixed and absolutely no charge! Also upgraded the headband and now it feels so much more comfortable then ever before!! I no longer have the old drivers to compare with but from my experience after months using the old drivers the new ones sounds a hell lot better!!

Audeze still rocks....

skyblue 08-21-2017 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larevoj (Post 846031)
Finally got it fixed and absolutely no charge! Also upgraded the headband and now it feels so much more comfortable then ever before!! I no longer have the old drivers to compare with but from my experience after months using the old drivers the new ones sounds a hell lot better!!

Audeze still rocks....

Same happened to me. I think they gave me a new pair. And they still rock :)

jlbrach 08-22-2017 02:27 PM

audeze has fantastic customer service....