AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Welcome Everyone! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=58)

streetspirit 04-27-2009 05:03 PM

Hello everyone. Mitch here in Texas, I would like to thank everyone here as I have been reading posts for months learning all that I could... and found y'all here after scratching my head and wondering where everyone went! Although I don't have any McGear yet I'm thinking this is the year to get started after soaking up all the info!

Masterlu 04-27-2009 05:06 PM

Welcome to AA Mitch! :thumbsup:

jdandy 04-27-2009 05:08 PM

Streetspirit.......Mitch, welcome to Audio Aficionado. You'll find all the McIntosh help you could possibly want right here. Glad you found us.

Still-One 04-27-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetspirit (Post 9361)
Hello everyone. Mitch here in Texas, I would like to thank everyone here as I have been reading posts for months learning all that I could... and found y'all here after scratching my head and wondering where everyone went! Although I don't have any McGear yet I'm thinking this is the year to get started after soaking up all the info!

Hope you pick up some good ideas here.

You will find a lot of great gear here besides McIntosh.

Hang on for the ride.
Jim

gregswaim 04-27-2009 08:45 PM

Hi Mitch! :wave:

Tughillblues 04-27-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eljr (Post 9231)
Hi Steve, welcome.
How far up do you live?
I am in the lower hudson valley.

Up near Canada in the Thousand Islands area. It's beautiful up here but the winters can be a lot to endure - the new warm blue glow in my living room was a welcome sight this winter and helped get me through. I'll have to stock up for next winter! :yes:

gregswaim 04-27-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tughillblues (Post 9459)
Up near Canada in the Thousand Islands area. It's beautiful up here but the winters can be a lot to endure - the new warm blue glow in my living room was a welcome sight this winter and helped get me through. I'll have to stock up for next winter! :yes:

Welcome to AA! :banana: I have a MA6500 in my second system- excellent integrated amp! :thumbsup:

jdandy 04-27-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tughillblues (Post 9459)

Tughillblues.......Have you had the opportunity to see/audition the new McIntosh MA6600 integrated amp. http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/986.asp .

McIntosh says, "The MA6600 integrated amplifier teams a very low distortion, full function preamplifier with a potent 200 Watt per channel autoformer-coupled amplifier. The ability to accept an optional tuner module, enables the MA6600 to become the first stereo receiver offered by McIntosh in over 15 years."

The autoformers make the power amp very potent, capable of 200 watts into 2, 4,or 8 ohm loads. The new TM-2 tuner module can be installed allowing the MA6600 to be a full blown McIntosh receiver with AM, FM, and HD radio. Might be something worth auditioning while McIntosh still has the 75% TradeUp program going on.

Dan

JSCC 04-27-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 9479)
Tughillblues.......Have you had the opportunity to see/audition the new McIntosh MA6600 integrated amp. http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/986.asp .

McIntosh says, "The MA6600 integrated amplifier teams a very low distortion, full function preamplifier with a potent 200 Watt per channel autoformer-coupled amplifier. The ability to accept an optional tuner module, enables the MA6600 to become the first stereo receiver offered by McIntosh in over 15 years."

The autoformers make the power amp very potent, capable of 200 watts into 2, 4,or 8 ohm loads. The new TM-2 tuner module can be installed allowing the MA6600 to be a full blown McIntosh receiver with AM, FM, and HD radio. Might be something worth auditioning while McIntosh still has the 75% TradeUp program going on.

Dan

I am very PROUD to say I had one! Very3 happy! Will be playing it like this coming Thu night .. and all through the weekend! :thumbsup:

Tughillblues 04-28-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregswaim (Post 9461)
Welcome to AA! :banana: I have a MA6500 in my second system- excellent integrated amp! :thumbsup:

Thanks! Moving to a Mac from my former amp (NAD) was a real eye opener. There is a whole new world of audio out there! :music:
I had always thought that the speakers were the end-all and be-all of a stereo system. I'll never forget the day last year when a kind salesman switched the speakers I was auditioning from brand X to a Mac system. That was the beginning of my learning process! :yes: