AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Welcome Everyone! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=58)

chessman 09-15-2011 03:09 PM

My Pal, welcome aboard! :wave:

Still-One 09-15-2011 03:17 PM

Welcome MyPal :wave:

I have heard nothing about a pending revision to the C-1000's but you are right to be wary. They are getting a bit long in tooth. I am just not sure they have feasible upgrades in the works. You could always start with a 2300 and see what happens for as you said the resale on no video related McIntosh products holds up pretty well.

Lot of nice gear you are looking at.

Jim

Masterlu 09-15-2011 04:02 PM

jason & MyPal... Welcome! :wave:

IM3CPO 09-17-2011 11:52 PM

Long time lurker finally decided to join

Hey everyone!

I have been a lurker at the site for some time now but finally decided to invest a little in the community and sign up. I have a bunch of McIntosh gear hooked up to a few Sonnus Faber and Wilson Audio setups. I will try to get some pictures posted sooner rather than later but I am definately excited to interact with the high caliber people on the site!

Masterlu 09-18-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IM3CPO (Post 206489)
Hey everyone!

I have been a lurker at the site for some time now but finally decided to invest a little in the community and sign up. I have a bunch of McIntosh gear hooked up to a few Sonnus Faber and Wilson Audio setups. I will try to get some pictures posted sooner rather than later but I am definately excited to interact with the high caliber people on the site!

I'm glad you came forward from the shadows. :thumbsup:

Volks 09-18-2011 12:55 AM

Welcome IM3CPO :)

IM3CPO 09-18-2011 01:08 AM

Thanks for the welcome Masterlu, it feels good getting into the light!

IM3CPO 09-18-2011 01:13 AM

Thanks for the welcome Volks!

How do you like the C-50 and MC452 combo? I have a C-50 mated to a MC-402 and Wilson Duettes hooked up to my computer (using USB DAC exclusively). The C-50 is really good (still waiting for the firmware update of course) but I have heard the 452 is more "musical" than the 402....

Apexorca 01-05-2012 07:08 PM

Hi!

I recently found this forum when I was searching for things about Sonus Faber on the net. I read about lots of Sonus Faber here and about other things too.
I think AA is a very interesting and nice forum. It suits me. :D
I started to write in threads in the Sonus Faber section. In this thread, were it probably is more right to introduce me and my system, I do it again a little bit more thorough.

I live in Sweden just outside Gothenburg. In Gothenburg we have some really good HiFi stores. That makes the hole thing more easy and funny, as you have lot of different hi class brands to choose from.

I have been interested i music since I was a small kid. Recording good songs from the radio with my mono tape recorder when I was 6. My first salary 1984 from my first summer job was just enough to by a Yamaha system. Not really hifi but it gave me a lot of nice music experiences. Depeche Mode, U2 and a lot of other both old an new musik were played through that system for at least 10 years. When i experienced a better system and what that could do to the music I were stuck. This HiFi/music disease gets slowly worse and worse and it also infects friends. That is a good thing, is it not?

Now to my music equipment from current to ear.

I have uppgraded a fuse in the fuse box just for my hifi and then a shielded wire to a Power conditioner there everyting is connected to, but the power amp. I think it sounds better that way. Maybe the conditioner is to week.

- Power conditioner: Monster Power Signature HTS 5100

- CD: Audio Aero Capitole II signatur edition - Power cord: Synergistic Research Reference Master Coupler - Interconnect: Synergistic Research Kaleidoscope Phase1 X-serie

- Pre Amp: Audio Research LS27 - Power cord: Synergistic Research Master coupler Classic - Interconnect: Synergistic Research Alpha Sterling X series.

- Power Amp: Plinius Sa250 MK IV - Power cord: Transparent Powerlink Super

- Speaker cable: Synergistic Research resolution referense X-serie

- Speaker: Sonus Faber Amati Futura

From the speakers to my ears the sound has to deal with a 60m2 livingroom with ordinare furnitures. The room has pretty good acoustic from the beginning. But that is not enough. No speaker/system has the posibility to sound at its best without acoustic treatment, This is at least up to a certian level of acoustic treatment. I like diffusion the best.

My roof has diffusion and just a little absorbtion and I'm thinking about replace it with more diffusion instead. I have some small problems below 100hz witch is taken care of with a bass trap ( I dont know a better name, help me!) built in to the roof.
Behind the speaker, behind my listening position and outside the speaker I use a special new invented diffusion, The Wing. Its can be floorstanding and if I want so I can move them around for best position. I just use them for serious listening because I still want my wife in the room and happy for the most time. This invention has extremely good diffusion abilities.
See spec:
Diffusion: 250-16.000 Hz.
Absorption: 100-250 Hz.
Material: Polycarbonat.
Dimension: 135 x 60 x 25 cm (HxBxD).

In my opinion, the relatively sheep (compared to other upgrades in the hifi-system) acoustic treatment of the room, makes a big difference. I think I have done as much as this living room can take without looking as a studio.

And the sound!?
I'm happy with it. It sounds great. But in this hobby everything can always be better. My weak point now (i think) is the Plinius Sa 250 it has a lot of power, but Futura is power lovers and it maybe can be even better. So my next step is to figure out what to upgrade the amp with.
Suggestions?

/Apexorca

Edit: spelling..

ituriforest 01-12-2012 03:52 AM

hello

Thank you for saving us from AK. You have successfully transplanted the nicest people over to here in a very short time. I have no doubt that AA will turn into a enjoyable venture with unexpected success for you !