AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Guaneri Evolution to Guaneri Tradition. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41579)

NeroNepolus81 12-20-2017 07:16 AM

Guaneri Evolution to Guaneri Tradition.

how does the Guarneri Evolution defy to the Guarneri tradition?

is the Guaneri Evolution a competitor against the Tradition ?

1KW 12-20-2017 08:20 AM

I personally don't care for the aesthetics's of the newer Guarneri's and prefer the Guarneri Mementos.

Masterlu 12-20-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeroNepolus81 (Post 887125)
Das hat mir jetzt natürlich mega gut weiter geholfen

This is an English speaking forum.

1KW 12-21-2017 09:24 AM

I heard the drivers in the tradition are smaller than other Guarneri models i.e. is more of a Olympica in a nicer cabinet. Sonus Faber seems to be going the direction of the bottom line bean counters and has lost the passion of Franco .

myjazz123 12-21-2017 11:09 AM

As an owner of both Guarneri Evolution and Serafino Tradition (also had auditioned Guarneri Tradition) I strongly disagree with the last statement from 1KW. The new tradition series build to the same standards and look awesome. But what is even more important they sound (to my ears) better than most of the previous series from SF. More air, details, much better highs, more articulating and dynamic. Granted so, the midrange is more neutral and some people may not like it, but I strongly believe that this is the best sound (my status quo are the live concerts I attend all the time) from SF brand and I had many of them with the exception of Stradivari and limited edition releases. And there is no way one can say that they bumped up Olympica - this is not true at all.

1KW 12-21-2017 08:30 PM

The Guarneri Tradition have a smaller 5 inch midrange. The memento was 6 inch and the evolution 7 inch.

Lars-Ola 12-22-2017 12:40 PM

Homage: 6.5"
Memento: 6"
Evolution: 7"
Tradition: 6"

But in the end, it's all about the quality of the product and how much you enjoy the music it reproduces - not the size of the driver, right?

Although I'm sure you're correct that the current management at Sonus faber are way better at counting beans than Franco ever was.

j3brow 12-22-2017 03:26 PM

The new Tradition series are works of art. I have not heard them personally but I have spoken to someone who has listened extensively to the new Amati. It’s a winner.

j3brow 12-22-2017 03:28 PM

Personally, I prefer the looks of Guarneri Tradition over Evolution (hate the silver end plates) and Memento (in regards to the stand only.... the memento speaker cabinet is beyond reproach).

Ym2000 01-26-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myjazz123 (Post 887375)
As an owner of both Guarneri Evolution and Serafino Tradition (also had auditioned Guarneri Tradition) I strongly disagree with the last statement from 1KW. The new tradition series build to the same standards and look awesome. But what is even more important they sound (to my ears) better than most of the previous series from SF. More air, details, much better highs, more articulating and dynamic. Granted so, the midrange is more neutral and some people may not like it, but I strongly believe that this is the best sound (my status quo are the live concerts I attend all the time) from SF brand and I had many of them with the exception of Stradivari and limited edition releases. And there is no way one can say that they bumped up Olympica - this is not true at all.

I have opportunity to buy a year old Evolution for less than 8000$. But I do love the look of the Tradition and will have to go the new purchase route. Since you own both, what would your advice be?