AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Speaker Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Von Schweikert Audio VR-5 Anniversary MK II Speakers Are In The House (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39731)

Audiophilehi 06-24-2017 03:01 PM

Von Schweikert Audio VR-5 Anniversary MK II Speakers Are In The House

8 Attachment(s)
All,

I just set up my brand new pair of VSA VR-5 Anniversary MK II speakers purchased directly from VSA. First impressions are very dynamic and detailed. Sustain on guitar and piano notes seem to go on forever, also no subwoofer needed for these babies! More to come!!

vintage_tube 06-24-2017 03:23 PM

Very sweet Paul -- great job. Sit back and appreciate them and your gear.:thumbsup::music::yes:

Best sir,

Bob

Masterlu 06-24-2017 03:49 PM

Paul... nicely done, Congrats! :ok:

Audiophilehi 06-24-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 852636)
Very sweet Paul -- great job. Sit back and appreciate them and your gear.:thumbsup::music::yes:

Best sir,

Bob

Thanks Bob!

Some nice sounds coming from these babies! :banana:

Audiophilehi 06-24-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 852641)
Paul... nicely done, Congrats! :ok:

Thanks Ivan! Still experimenting with placement. :smoking:

Audioraven 06-24-2017 05:09 PM

:drool: :respect: Very nice!

Audiophilehi 06-24-2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audioraven (Post 852666)
:drool: :respect: Very nice!

Thanks Audioraven! :smoking:

Bombadil 08-03-2017 12:31 AM

Those are similar to my Von Schweikerts. I purchased the original VR-4 way back in 1996. Then Albert upgraded them, with him personally listening to them and making the final adjustments and tweaks, circa 2001-2002. This brought them up to basically what the VR-7 was at that time. Yours are the evolutionary child.

I love mine. I've auditioned dozens of speakers across the years and have yet to find any for less than $15K-$18K which I like better. Deep, well defined bass, no need for a subwoofer. Very open, wide & deep soundstage, very natural sounding.

You made a great choice. Enjoy.

Audiophilehi 08-03-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bombadil (Post 859510)
Those are similar to my Von Schweikerts. I purchased the original VR-4 way back in 1996. Then Albert upgraded them, with him personally listening to them and making the final adjustments and tweaks, circa 2001-2002. This brought them up to basically what the VR-7 was at that time. Yours are the evolutionary child.

I love mine. I've auditioned dozens of speakers across the years and have yet to find any for less than $15K-$18K which I like better. Deep, well defined bass, no need for a subwoofer. Very open, wide & deep soundstage, very natural sounding.

You made a great choice. Enjoy.

Thanks Bombadil!

I'm really enjoying them and yes, no need for Subwoofers. I have listened to several speakers in the $10K to 15K but purchased the VSA VR-5 Anniversary MK II without an audition bassed on my love for my previous VSA VR-5 HSE.

I was a bit apprehensive to do so without listening first but so glad I did. They really did out perform the others. I am not saying this to verify my purchase. They really do shine from top to bottom.

Bombadil 08-03-2017 03:56 PM

Albert has designed some marvelous speakers. They have won so many Best of Show awards, maybe 30 or 40 of them over the past 20 years. Not everyone's cup of tea, but then no speaker is. I've listened to B&W, Wilson, Magneplanar, Sonus Faber, Martin Logan, Dynaudio, and many more over the years. Very much liked several of them. But overall, none best my Von Schweikerts to my ears. At least none under around $25K. I have heard some north of that price range which I preferred.