AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Chinese High-End Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Chinese Eye Candy We Own/like to Own! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=19859)

Volks 03-12-2013 11:12 PM

Chinese Eye Candy We Own/like to Own!

2 Attachment(s)
Lets post Pics/Reviews of Chinese Gear we own or had or would like to have.....i will start
Jungson Impression II CD Player . I own this CDP and used it for over 2 years....here is a review i wrote on another site over 2 years ago.

Jungson Impression II CD Player/Grant Fidelity Reference Tube CD-1000 Player (Impression II)

I have been using a Bryston BCD-1 CDP in my current audio system for the past 2 years.It is a well built CDP and the sound has always pleased me.However over those past 2 years i have had the chance to hear a few Tube CDP's and i enjoyed the warm harmonics and tube sound when compared to my solid state Bryston BCD-1........i had a feeling at that point i would get a tube CDP.

Fast forward 2 years and a huge amount of tube CDP research.....i finally settled on the Jungson Impression II CD Player /Grant Fidelity Reference Tube CD-1000 Player (Impression II).
This CDP is physically built(actually its overbuilt) to a degree that will shame CDP's in the 6K price range.Very heavy and solid like a muscle car from the late 60's.Also just like a muscle car from the 60's its sexy as hell!!

I started my listening session with the late Nina Simone "Wild is the Wind".This song i have listened to so many times i know every little nuance in the recording very well.The CD-1000 played the track in such a way that the midrange was so well balanced and lush i felt like i was sitting at a front/center table in a dimly lit jazz/blues bar and Nina Simone was right there on stage!I was not expecting such a balanced-organic midrange(after all i was used to the Bryston which pleased me,but at times sounded over-analytical ....especially now when compared to the Jungson CDP......i moved on..

The next CD was from Diana Krall-The Girl in the Other Room track 12-Departue Bay.I use this song for testing various audio gear.Her vocals on this recording can make or break a systems synergy.The GF CD-1000 did not disappoint.....what it did do was flesh out Kralls vocals so that i heard the "Meat" of the track and not a congested version which ruins the song.
I played the track over/over and each time i could easily discern the separation of the lows/mids/highs. Kralls low heady breaths and sighs on this track came thru in full clear bloom.When i did a quick A/B switch to the Bryston BCD-1....those heady breaths and sighs sounded slightly muffled and to laid back.........the Jungson Impression II CD Player was winning my heart over quickly.

The last CD i played was the Rock&Roll band KISS.....the track was from their 1976 album Destroyer "God of Thunder"........this track has some heavy bass and percussion.I sat back and heard the Jungson presents Gene Simmons voice bluntly and aggressively.....exactly the way its ment to be heard.It did not color or soften the bass in any way.The bass was very clean and well defined.

The Jungson Impression II CD Player/Grant Fidelity Reference Tube CD-1000 Player (Impression II) is a world class CDP at a budget price(when compared to CDP's in the 6-8K price range)......it will bring out every semblance and nuance in the recording in spades without being to laid back or over analytical (like the Bryston BCD-1 at times)

The Jungson Impression II CD Player/Grant Fidelity Reference Tube CD-1000 Player (Impression II) is a winner in every sense of the word.

I applaud it and can easily recommend it to anyone looking for a very well built-beautiful sounding CDP as their "Last CDP"

Equipment Used=Grant Fidelity Reference Tube CD-1000 Player (Impression II),Mcintosh MC452 Amplifer,Mcintosh C50 Preamp,KEF Reference 207/2's,Torus Power Conditioner,MRCA-1 Gold Coated Copper Reference Interconnects (Golden Dragon),GF PC 1.5 Power Cords.
March 2011

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attac...-floyd-015.jpg

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attac...s2luxuryed.jpg

Niles 03-13-2013 11:53 AM

Real Amps Glow In The Dark

Ming Da MD75

:smoking:

Volks 03-13-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niles (Post 459258)

Nice....put the Jungson CDP and Ming Da amp together and you have a beautiful combo:thumbsup:

petro85 03-15-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volks (Post 458999)
Lets post Pics/Reviews of Chinese Gear we own or had or would like to have.....i will start
Jungson Impression II CD Player . I own this CDP and used it for over 2 years....here is a review i wrote on another site over 2 years ago.

Jungson Impression II CD Player/Grant Fidelity Reference Tube CD-1000 Player (Impression II)

I have been using a Bryston BCD-1 CDP in my current audio system for the past 2 years.It is a well built CDP and the sound has always pleased me.However over those past 2 years i have had the chance to hear a few Tube CDP's and i enjoyed the warm harmonics and tube sound when compared to my solid state Bryston BCD-1........i had a feeling at that point i would get a tube CDP.

Fast forward 2 years and a huge amount of tube CDP research.....i finally settled on the Jungson Impression II CD Player /Grant Fidelity Reference Tube CD-1000 Player (Impression II).
This CDP is physically built(actually its overbuilt) to a degree that will shame CDP's in the 6K price range.Very heavy and solid like a muscle car from the late 60's.Also just like a muscle car from the 60's its sexy as hell!!

I started my listening session with the late Nina Simone "Wild is the Wind".This song i have listened to so many times i know every little nuance in the recording very well.The CD-1000 played the track in such a way that the midrange was so well balanced and lush i felt like i was sitting at a front/center table in a dimly lit jazz/blues bar and Nina Simone was right there on stage!I was not expecting such a balanced-organic midrange(after all i was used to the Bryston which pleased me,but at times sounded over-analytical ....especially now when compared to the Jungson CDP......i moved on..

The next CD was from Diana Krall-The Girl in the Other Room track 12-Departue Bay.I use this song for testing various audio gear.Her vocals on this recording can make or break a systems synergy.The GF CD-1000 did not disappoint.....what it did do was flesh out Kralls vocals so that i heard the "Meat" of the track and not a congested version which ruins the song.
I played the track over/over and each time i could easily discern the separation of the lows/mids/highs. Kralls low heady breaths and sighs on this track came thru in full clear bloom.When i did a quick A/B switch to the Bryston BCD-1....those heady breaths and sighs sounded slightly muffled and to laid back.........the Jungson Impression II CD Player was winning my heart over quickly.

The last CD i played was the Rock&Roll band KISS.....the track was from their 1976 album Destroyer "God of Thunder"........this track has some heavy bass and percussion.I sat back and heard the Jungson presents Gene Simmons voice bluntly and aggressively.....exactly the way its ment to be heard.It did not color or soften the bass in any way.The bass was very clean and well defined.

The Jungson Impression II CD Player/Grant Fidelity Reference Tube CD-1000 Player (Impression II) is a world class CDP at a budget price(when compared to CDP's in the 6-8K price range)......it will bring out every semblance and nuance in the recording in spades without being to laid back or over analytical (like the Bryston BCD-1 at times)

The Jungson Impression II CD Player/Grant Fidelity Reference Tube CD-1000 Player (Impression II) is a winner in every sense of the word.

I applaud it and can easily recommend it to anyone looking for a very well built-beautiful sounding CDP as their "Last CDP"

Equipment Used=Grant Fidelity Reference Tube CD-1000 Player (Impression II),Mcintosh MC452 Amplifer,Mcintosh C50 Preamp,KEF Reference 207/2's,Torus Power Conditioner,MRCA-1 Gold Coated Copper Reference Interconnects (Golden Dragon),GF PC 1.5 Power Cords.
March 2011

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attac...-floyd-015.jpg

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attac...s2luxuryed.jpg

Wow that's definitely some eye candy. Looks like a droid straight outta Star Wars .
I'm presently using a Chinese integrated jas bravo 2.4 se . Pretty good for the price.
But with my recent purchases I feel it's holding my system back a bit. Time to move on to bigger and better things. Not really eye candy but an average looking amp. Did me right for a couple years.

I have also heard a pair of jas speakers. Don't know the model off hand but they really impressed me. I think they were $7 or$8k a pair and beautiful too.
By Monday I should be a subscriber and ill post some pics of them. Really nice

hfchoi 05-07-2013 12:19 PM

Wow, that looks nice. How much are they?

jdandy 05-07-2013 12:54 PM

hfchoi.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

matthewp 01-01-2014 01:18 AM

Hi everyone, first post. I've been fortunate to own a few "Chinese Audio" pieces. Nothing special, and mostly preamps but also a couple of integrated amps along the way. Presently my daily driver is a Vincent SA-T1 (made in China yo :D). At the moment also have a Ming Da MC-7R, a Consonance T-99 and PM-6 phono pre. I would love to try some higher end gear when funds allow.

Cheers and Happy New Year,
Matthew

Masterlu 01-01-2014 02:15 AM

matthewp... Welcome! :wave:

matthewp 01-01-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 565437)
matthewp... Welcome! :wave:

Thanks for the invite.

tp1 04-14-2014 12:25 PM

4 X Mingda MC-300845 mono block power amps

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/v...pscaa72f4b.jpg