AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Replacement with Equinox (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46627)

AVphile 09-07-2019 02:59 PM

Replacement with Equinox

I recently upgraded my interconnects between my preamp and power amps with balanced 39’ Wireworld Equinox cables. Just prior to this upgrade, I added a Denali 2000/T and Venom HC between the wall socket and my two amps. The Shunyata enhancements were expensive; the Equinoxes were not. At the very least, they have proven to be the “icing on the cake”. I invited the general manager of the leading high-end audio store in my area to hear my system. His professional opinion, in a word, was “fantastic “.

I am writing this posting to simply suggest that anyone considering upgrading interconnects — and for whom cost is a serious factor — think about Wireworld’s Equinox product line. I certainly have been delighted with the result, and I expect you probably would be, too.

HaOuLi 02-20-2022 02:01 AM

I am in a similar boat... although I started with speaker cables. Went with the Equinox 8 cables; the Eclipse 8's are just not in the budget.

For interconnects, would it make sense to get Eclipse or stay in the Equinox line... Eclipse interconnects are ok in the budget; I only need 2 interconnects - source to pre-amp... pre-amp to amp...

Any advice guys???

Masterlu 02-20-2022 06:07 PM

HaOuLi… Welcome to AA! :wave:

Masterlu 02-20-2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaOuLi (Post 1055743)
I am in a similar boat... although I started with speaker cables. Went with the Equinox 8 cables; the Eclipse 8's are just not in the budget.

For interconnects, would it make sense to get Eclipse or stay in the Equinox line... Eclipse interconnects are ok in the budget; I only need 2 interconnects - source to pre-amp... pre-amp to amp...

Any advice guys???

HaOuLi… stay with Equinox; become a Subscriber, you won’t believe how much I can save you.

HaOuLi 02-20-2022 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1055780)
HaOuLi… Welcome to AA! :wave:

Cheers Ivan!

Will definitely look into subscribing and seeing some savings :thumbsup:

Are the Wireworld lines best suited to stay with a line i.e. mixing does not yield a worth while result? Would like a bit of context wrt your recommendation.

Currently using Audio Quest Golden Gate cables but these do no play well with power amps; my gear choices are moving away from integrated setups.

A friend suggested Wireworld. I love the simplicity of their lines and the general pricing.

Masterlu 02-20-2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaOuLi (Post 1055783)
Cheers Ivan!

Will definitely look into subscribing and seeing some savings :thumbsup:

Are the Wireworld lines best suited to stay with a line i.e. mixing does not yield a worth while result? Would like a bit of context wrt your recommendation.

Currently using Audio Quest Golden Gate cables but these do no play well with power amps; my gear choices are moving away from integrated setups.

A friend suggested Wireworld. I love the simplicity of their lines and the general pricing.

To answer your question simply; a chain is only as strong as the weakest link.

HaOuLi 02-20-2022 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1055785)
To answer your question simply; a chain is only as strong as the weakest link.

Understood!!! Certainly cant argue with that reasoning...:thumbsup:

Masterlu 02-20-2022 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaOuLi (Post 1055788)
Understood!!! Certainly cant argue with that reasoning...:thumbsup:

Your Support is Appreciated! :thankyouspin:

troubleshooter 08-16-2022 05:41 PM

This may not be the place to ask this question but even though i am a new member the system will not let me start a new topic. I purchased a pair of Proac speakers model D48r.
My cables were iconoclast TPC speaker cables and iconoclast TPC 4x4 XLR cables. I now have an Audio Research Ref75SE amp and an Audio Research Ref5SE Pre. The sound is veiled and doesn't sound good. I already sold the XLR cables and have the speaker cable for sale. Any suggestions on WireWorld products that would work.
Thanks
Dave

Masterlu 08-16-2022 05:55 PM

Dave… Welcome to AA! :wave: