AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   It's been a great one year here.... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40604)

SCAudiophile 09-25-2017 01:02 PM

It's been a great one year here....

As of 2 days ago, I've been a member here for a year. I've never sent a post like this on any other forum so here goes....

DAMN(!), it's been a great year on AA :music::banana::yes::tresbon:!!!

Of any forum out here, this is the best, no holds barred; most respectful, most informative without the knowledgeable guys having a gigantic chip on their shoulder, very few out of control egos (we all have egos but everyone plays nice <LOL>), very few if any, attack or "full-of-attitude" posts, everyone gets the help they need even if their choice of gear and/or speakers isn't what the 'inside guys' happen to have a strong preference for / sycophantic following towards, and overall just a great place to try to grab some time every day to jump on, read, learn, contribute, buy, sell, etc...

AA is a truly unique place...thanks to all the members here before me and since for keeping it going and to MasterLu and MasterLuJr for the massive amount of effort and investment to put up and run such a great site!

Have a great week....enjoy the music and Rock/Classical/Jazz/etc...your brains out!!!

Mark

2fastdriving 09-25-2017 01:21 PM

Well said, Mark.. I've learned a lot here and hopefully I've helped others as well. It's a great place to feed the addiction :D

SuperD 09-25-2017 01:22 PM

Mark,
So true, a lot of great members here including you!:thumbsup:

SCAudiophile 09-25-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 868504)
Well said, Mark.. I've learned a lot here and hopefully I've helped others as well. It's a great place to feed the addiction :D

Thanks....I forgot to mention getting a case of the "Lu Flu" as being an uptick in my life <LOL>!!!!

Yamaki 09-25-2017 01:46 PM

I'd also like to add that Dan (jdandy) works tirelessly here. He insures we aren't inundated by spam (a moderator's reward comes when you ban them but you must be ever vigilant), that those "egos" don't get out of hand and that the rules of the forum are scrupulously enforced without prejudice.

Big thanks to Dan for all his work here. Now if he'd only come up with a cure for LuFlu....

2fastdriving 09-25-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamaki (Post 868509)
I'd also like to add that Dan (jdandy) works tirelessly here. He insures we aren't inundated by spam (a moderator's reward comes when you ban them but you must be ever vigilant), that those "egos" don't get out of hand and that the rules of the forum are scrupulously enforced without prejudice.

Big thanks to Dan for all his work here. Now if he'd only come up with a cure for LuFlu....

+1

Thanks for all you do, Dan.:thumbsup:

Masterlu 09-25-2017 02:18 PM

Mark... Congrats on 1 year! :pg2:

Time flies when your having fun, and so does money! :D

Robc33 09-25-2017 04:03 PM

Agreed! It's been almost a year for me as well. A nicer, more helpful group of guys, I have yet to find anywhere else. A truly wonderful site for those with our affliction! Well done Ivan, and crew!

Masterlu 09-25-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robc33 (Post 868524)
Agreed! It's been almost a year for me as well. A nicer, more helpful group of guys, I have yet to find anywhere else. A truly wonderful site for those with our affliction! Well done Ivan, and crew!

Thank you! :tiphat:

Rob... stop over my place sometime, you are rather close. :hswhome:

bart 09-25-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 868503)
As of 2 days ago, I've been a member here for a year. I've never sent a post like this on any other forum so here goes....

DAMN(!), it's been a great year on AA :music::banana::yes::tresbon:!!!

Of any forum out here, this is the best, no holds barred; most respectful, most informative without the knowledgeable guys having a gigantic chip on their shoulder, very few out of control egos (we all have egos but everyone plays nice <LOL>), very few if any, attack or "full-of-attitude" posts, everyone gets the help they need even if their choice of gear and/or speakers isn't what the 'inside guys' happen to have a strong preference for / sycophantic following towards, and overall just a great place to try to grab some time every day to jump on, read, learn, contribute, buy, sell, etc...

AA is a truly unique place...thanks to all the members here before me and since for keeping it going and to MasterLu and MasterLuJr for the massive amount of effort and investment to put up and run such a great site!

Have a great week....enjoy the music and Rock/Classical/Jazz/etc...your brains out!!!

Mark

:goodpost:

Mark, well said.
I sometimes visit other forums, but this is the one where I feel at home.
I've met quite some members already, and they always turned out to be very nice people.
Ivan, Dan and Richard are indeed the key to this 'friendly' forum.