AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Amati Futura's (Simply Remarkable) (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=10949)

jfray 11-19-2011 11:04 PM

Amati Futura's (Simply Remarkable)

3 Attachment(s)
The purchase of these beautiful speakers from Howard has been a wonderful experience. I never envisioned myself owning the Amati Futuras; one due to the price point and two was extremely happy with the Liuto’s. After listening to the Futuras I am in total awe…. the clarity of every note, placement of each instrument, and total balance of the entire frequency range from Top to Bottom! (My wife even said she heard instruments that she never realized were there) The singer’s voices come to life and it is uncanny but they are in the room with me, singing at my own private concert. I am still working to dial the speakers into position but this will take some time. The fit and finish of the Futuras is second to none and the graphite finish is simply stunning. I will give everyone an update as I listen more but they are incredible!
Don’t laugh :D but I am still planning to use my MA6600 integrated amp for awhile and may to move to separates in the future but I am so happy with the sound I just might keep this setup. One thing I probably need to upgrade are my speaker cables (Monster Cables), although I am not totally in the expensive cable camp, I could upgrade a little…. It is like the Futuras showed up to a party overdressed, as the rest of my system is not quite up to par. :D

TommyC 11-19-2011 11:09 PM

Again, congrats on the new Futura. I expect these will get even better once they are fully broken in >600hrs or so.

djwhog 11-19-2011 11:10 PM

Way nice congrats!

jwhite613 11-19-2011 11:12 PM

jfray... Congratulations on a great pair of speakers!! :thumbsup:

BlueChiaro 11-19-2011 11:17 PM

Congratulations...I didn't realize that Howard had actually sold them! I'm very happy for you, and I wish you the best as you get to know them better and better.

Robert

Sent from my DROIDX using A.Aficionado

Doug Lax 11-19-2011 11:21 PM

Those speakers are beautys ! I think I may have a solution to your wire problems:homer:

Vintage Pete 11-19-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueChiaro (Post 229093)
Congratulations...I didn't realize that Howard had actually sold them! I'm very happy for you, and I wish you the best as you get to know them better and better.

Robert

Sent from my DROIDX using A.Aficionado

I a bit behind and didn't know that Howard had actually sold the Futura's either. Congrats to jfray on what is sure to be a great acquisition!

So the next question is what did Howard replace them with?

Pete

jdandy 11-19-2011 11:27 PM

jfray.......The Futura's look right at home. The are gorgeous. I am happy that they remained in our group, and we are able to know the Futura's are making you happy. Congratulations.

jfray 11-19-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 229100)
jfray.......The Futura's look right at home. The are gorgeous. I am happy that they remained in our group, and we are able to know the Futura's are making you happy. Congratulations.

Thanks!!! Dan I was literally a mouse click away from buying your GM's but decided that I wanted to stay with floorstanders....

I am just blown away by the Futuras sound and could not be happier :banana:

jfray 11-19-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Pete (Post 229097)
I a bit behind and didn't know that Howard had actually sold the Futura's either. Congrats to jfray on what is sure to be a great acquisition!

So the next question is what did Howard replace them with?

Pete

I am also curious what Howard will replace these with..... Howard ANY HINTS :scratch2: