AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aurender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Aurender update 5.18.125 issues (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47011)

gadawg 11-09-2019 12:12 PM

Aurender update 5.18.125 issues

I upgraded to 5.18.125 this morning on my N100H and now get no sound when I play pcm tracks. Dsd tracks take a long time to load but won’t play. I press play and after 5 seconds it quits trying. Any ideas what to try? I’ve rebooted and done hard shutdown to no avail. I put in a support request but wanted to see if anyone has any ideas. Guess I could try a reset back to factory settings next but didn’t want to blown away my play lists. Any ideas are appreciated.

George

For The Love of Music 11-09-2019 12:35 PM

Are you sure the problems your having are not directly related to the update:

- settings on the DAC/Pre
- cabling connection

Or...

Reset the modem?

gadawg 11-09-2019 01:47 PM

So I took the N100H and connected to another DAC I have and get the same results. Actually plays a 44.1k track just fine and nothing else. Just errors out on the DSD tracks (the play button turns to pause and then immediately turns to play again) which is really making me think something went wrong with the update although it appeared to complete correctly. I have done a reset and same results. Laptops play just fine via either dac. Weird!

George

jdandy 11-09-2019 02:10 PM

George.......You may want to try deleting the Aurender Conductor app from your iPad, then reinstall it from the App Store. This will give you a clean copy of Conductor to work with.

For The Love of Music 11-09-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 985187)
George.......You may want to try deleting the Aurender Conductor app from your iPad, then reinstall it from the App Store. This will give you a clean copy of Conductor to work with.

That’s a good one

gadawg 11-09-2019 11:51 PM

Did that and same results

gadawg 11-09-2019 11:53 PM

Put in a help ticket this morning but guessing they don’t respond on the weekends. Hopefully they can fix it next week or it will have to go for service. Hate that the update bricked my N100H. Very disappointing.

George

gadawg 11-11-2019 04:43 PM

Ok ... received an email from the support group saying this was a known issue with this update and certain esoteric dacs. They said they would connect and fix tonight. Will update once it’s fixed.

gadawg 11-11-2019 11:46 PM

Happy to report that Aurender support updated my N100H today and all is well again. The version number didn't change as I would imagine the fix would be incorporated into the next release.

George

jdandy 11-12-2019 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadawg (Post 985388)
Happy to report that Aurender support updated my N100H today and all is well again. The version number didn't change as I would imagine the fix would be incorporated into the next release.

George.......George very happy to hear you are back in business. Aurender customer service is excellent. The few times I have made requests for help the issues were immediately addressed to my satisfaction. Aurender is top notch.