AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   D'Agostino Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Is there something wrong with this Momentum Stereo amp? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=12678)

turntable 02-25-2012 04:37 AM

Is there something wrong with this Momentum Stereo amp?

Have a look at the back panel of the Momentum Stereo amp and tell me if anything is wrong?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7199/6...e4a68c9d_b.jpg

joeinid 02-25-2012 04:39 AM

Are the + and - terminals reversed?

Does it match the photo in the user manual if there is one?

turntable 02-25-2012 04:52 AM

Maybe, Something more obvious to me Joe.:scratch2:

I assumme the + and - signs are correct as in mono reverse? There is no red and black colours on the back of each speaker terminal for normal easy + and - idendification. I have not seen the manual, I lugged in the back of my car for a loaner for a week or so. I will get the dealer to fax over the manual on Monday to double check.

DesW 02-25-2012 06:30 AM

Left in on the Right and vice versa--hmm crossover speaker cables?

Des

turntable 02-25-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesW (Post 273722)
Left in on the Right and vice versa--hmm crossover speaker cables?

Des

Correct.

If I wired them up per the back panel the speaker cables and ic from the right speaker/right channel would have to cross over to the left side,
The left speaker cables and ic would have to cross over the right cables.

not a bad screw up for a 25k amplifier. :mad:

Can anyone give me a logical reason why they would do this if it is not a complete labeling mistake and lack of quality control. I am happy to be wrong.

TOGA 02-25-2012 09:54 AM

They hope you to convert it to Mono amplifier as soon as possible to solve this problem.

howiebrou 02-25-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turntable (Post 273724)
Correct.

If I wired them up per the back panel the speaker cables and ic from the right speaker/right channel would have to cross over to the left side,

Can anyone give me a logical reason why they would do this if it is not a complete labeling mistake and lack of quality control. I am happy to be wrong.

I saw that. Seems like the guy labelling it was setting up his first hi fi :dunno:

Still-One 02-25-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turntable (Post 273712)
Maybe, Something more obvious to me Joe.:scratch2:

I assumme the + and - signs are correct as in mono reverse? There is no red and black colours on the back of each speaker terminal for normal easy + and - idendification. I have not seen the manual, I lugged in the back of my car for a loaner for a week or so. I will get the dealer to fax over the manual on Monday to double check.

The mono amps do not have have red and black identification on them either. I noticed that when I was connecting my speakers cables.

Jim

Still-One 02-25-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turntable (Post 273724)
Correct.

The MCD-1100 connections are on the opposite sides from what I would consider normal too. I posted that some time back.

Jim

Puma Cat 02-25-2012 11:38 AM

The guy assembling it was looking at it from his end, not the orientation of real world use. Clearly an assembly error (defect) AND a QC foul up in that QC should have caught this defect, but did not. Thats two defects that should not have occurred. Inexcusable a $5K let alone in a $25 K amplifier. They shipped it anyway. That's three defects that should not have occurred.

Maybe Dan D'Ag should implement a Six Sigma program at the mfg facility. :p