AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   CD Players, Digital Music & Servers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Sonore's OpticalModule and SystemOptique (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45868)

Puma Cat 05-21-2019 01:46 PM

Sonore's OpticalModule and SystemOptique
 
Just wrote to Jesus at SGC and he tells me that Sonore's new OpticalModule will be available around the end of the month.

I'm looking forward to buying this as it will be Sonore's take on a high-end Fiber Media Convertor, and I would presume represent a notable step up in audio performance over the TP-Link FMCs I am presently using.

Here are the key features of the new OpticalModule:

FEATURES
  1. Four (4) high-quality ultra low noise linear regulators
  2. Fixed frequency high-quality ultra low jitter FEMTO oscillator
  3. External power input jack
  4. RJ45 input connector
  5. Includes one SFP fiber optic transceiver
  6. Power connector: 2.1mm x 5.5mm (center +)
  7. Power input: 5-9 VDC
  8. Dimension: 3.5"x2.2"x.7"

http://photos.imageevent.com/puma_ca...dule-front.png

To help folks that are migrating to fiber-based streaming solutions, Sonore has defined a system they refer to as SystemOptique. Its a set of specifications and standards that helps customers migrating to a fiber-based streaming configuration obtain maximal and consistent performance. Details are here: https://www.sonore.us/systemoptique.html

Still-One 05-21-2019 10:15 PM

Since the GigaFoil did not work with my network I have one of these on order.

Puma Cat 05-21-2019 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 965641)
Since the GigaFoil did not work with my network I have one of these on order.

Yup, just ordered mine, as well as a TP-Link SFP transceiver....really looking forward to this unit for my fiber setup.

Still-One 05-22-2019 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 965651)
Yup, just ordered mine, as well as a TP-Link SFP transceiver....really looking forward to this unit for my fiber setup.

I went with the TrendNet unit that SGC was selling.

Puma Cat 05-22-2019 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 965655)
I went with the TrendNet unit that SGC was selling.

I think we ordered the same SFP unit; I hope the OpticalModudle works out for you.

For The Love of Music 05-22-2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 965651)
Yup, just ordered mine, as well as a TP-Link SFP transceiver....really looking forward to this unit for my fiber setup.



Are there two parts for a complete Sonore setup and is the output USB or Ethernet?

Still-One 05-22-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 965683)
Are there two parts for a complete Sonore setup and is the output USB or Ethernet?

This is how my unit will be set-up once the Optical Module arrives.

Cable Modem ---ethernet---> Orbi Wireless Router---ethernet--->Trendnet S51SFP ----Optical cable--> Optical Module---->ethernet --------> dCS Upsampler

Puma Cat 05-22-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 965683)
Are there two parts for a complete Sonore setup and is the output USB or Ethernet?

I don't know what you mean by a complete Sonore setup. The output is either optical or Ethernet, depending on which way the configuration is connected. It will take an optical fiber input and output to RJ45 Ethernet, or vice versa.

In my config: Ethernet->upstream TP-Link MC220L FMC w/ TP-Link SFP optical transceiver->7M run of Tripp-Lite 62.5/125 MMC LC/LC fiber->Sonore OpticalModule->Ethernet->Sonore microRendu

The downstream OpticalModule will be powered by an iFi iPower very low noise linear power supply plugged into a Shunyata Hydra distributor. Should be very quiet. The upstream TP-Link MC220L will also be powered by a Jameco 9V low-noise LPS.

I don't think one needs an OpticalModule on either end. The downstream OpticalModule should do what's required in re-clocking the optical fiber bitstream before sending via Ethernet to mRendu.

For The Love of Music 05-22-2019 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 965703)
This is how my unit will be set-up once the Optical Module arrives.

Cable Modem ---ethernet---> Orbi Wireless Router---ethernet--->Trendnet S51SFP ----Optical cable--> Optical Module---->ethernet --------> dCS Upsampler



Curious how you make out to avoid the dropping you were experiencing

For The Love of Music 05-22-2019 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 965717)
I don't know what you mean by a complete Sonore setup. The output is either optical or Ethernet, depending on which way the configuration is connected. It will take an optical fiber input and output to RJ45 Ethernet, or vice versa.

In my config: Ethernet->upstream TP-Link MC220L FMC w/ TP-Link SFP optical transceiver->7M run of Tripp-Lite 62.5/125 MMC LC/LC fiber->Sonore OpticalModule->Ethernet->Sonore microRendu

The downstream OpticalModule will be powered by an iFi iPower very low noise linear power supply plugged into a Shunyata Hydra distributor. Should be very quiet. The upstream TP-Link MC220L will also be powered by a Jameco 9V low-noise LPS.

I don't think one needs an OpticalModule on either end. The downstream OpticalModule should do what's required in re-clocking the optical fiber bitstream before sending via Ethernet to mRendu.



Ok, that makes sense, the picture to me was not clear


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2019 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.