AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wilson Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Praise-filled Yvette review in TAS (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41785)

Bob Bubeck 01-08-2018 08:44 PM

Praise-filled Yvette review in TAS

A very thorough and praise-filled review of Yvette has just been published in the February 2018 Issue (No. 280) of The Abso!ute Sound. The review was written by Jim Hannon and, I expect, will likely also be eventually posted on the TAS web site.

Read and enjoy! :thumbsup:

Bob

PHC1 01-08-2018 08:58 PM

Don't recall ever seeing a "bad" review of recent Wilson speakers. Deservedly so. :music:

2fastdriving 01-08-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 891438)
Don't recall ever seeing a "bad" review of recent Wilson speakers. Deservedly so. :music:

I don't recall ever seeing a bad review of anything, ever.:scratch2:

PHC1 01-08-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 891446)
I don't recall ever seeing a bad review of anything, ever.:scratch2:

Somewhat true but one also must learn to read between the lines if you have been following the reviewer for many years in the magazines. :smoking: I don't mean the Wilson reviews, there is hardly anything to complain about with their recent designs in absolute terms. Not the only great speaker out there but Wilson certainly appeals to many more experienced ears these days as compared to their earlier attempts when the camp was split more evenly for/against them.

Bob Bubeck 01-08-2018 11:05 PM

Well, OK, gentlemen, but please read the review. Then we will have a 'sound' basis for a discussion. I have owned a pair of Yvettes for over a year and I believe that several strengths of the speakers are fairly and accurately conveyed in the review.

Happy listening.

Bob

2fastdriving 01-09-2018 12:04 AM

I'll definitely read it when my copy comes.

Just wanted to clarify, my comments were not meant to say anything about the Yvette or Wilson. Everyone knows that I'm a Wilson fan. I just get tired of reviews always, always being positive. Car magazines don't do this. Anyway I am hijacking your thread at this point and I apologize and will stop.

Fwiw, I have heard Yvettes many times, and they are fantastic.

PHC1 01-09-2018 12:12 AM

I still have not heard the Yvettes and need to!

PHC1 01-09-2018 12:25 AM

As far as reviews. Most reviewers would politely turn down a review of a product they clearly thought was bad. I've notice quite a few times over the years reviews that were mentioned as upcoming but they never materialized. Bashing someone's product publicly is just bad for business and in very bad taste. After a few bad reviews, a magazine would hardly find a brave enough manufacturer to trust their product to them for a review.

Mikado463 01-09-2018 07:51 AM

it's shame they have to look like an amusement park trash can from the late fifties.

gadawg 01-09-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 891537)
it's shame they have to look like an amusement park trash can from the late fifties.

My wife calls my Sasha's McDonalds trashcans like when you exit the drive thru! And I agree the Yvette's sound really good!

George