AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Guarneri's vs.Serblin Accordo's (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42284)

daveyf 02-24-2018 10:15 PM

Guarneri's vs.Serblin Accordo's

Anyone compared the SF Guarneri's ( any version) against the Serblin Accordo's?

The original GH's ( which I own) and the Accordo's are both Franco designs.

Also, Ktema's vs. Stradivarius or other full range SF speaker....thoughts?

Both the Guarneri's and the Accordo's are stand mount speakers,and they most likely would be a similar sound ...or not?? :scratch2:

1KW 02-24-2018 10:21 PM

Franco is missed, I’m not a big fan of the direction SF is going in. I’m sure they all sound fantastic however I’ve never heard his other brand

doguniverse 02-25-2018 09:17 AM

What I have read, the Guarneri's are better than the Accordo's. On the Stradivarius(absolutely beautiful looking) are not as good as the Ktema's. Some people(which I can not name)on this forum believe the Ktema's are slightly better, but are not as nice looking.

The system I have consist of the Ktema speaker; Gryphon Diablo 300; Aurender N10; Magnum Dynalab 108T; Esoteric K-01x.

David

Apexorca 02-25-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doguniverse (Post 901685)
What I have read, the Guarneri's are better than the Accordo's. On the Stradivarius(absolutely beautiful looking) are not as good as the Ktema's. Some people(which I can not name)on this forum believe the Ktema's are slightly better, but are not as nice looking.

The system I have consist of the Ktema speaker; Gryphon Diablo 300; Aurender N10; Magnum Dynalab 108T; Esoteric K-01x.

David

That system is probably sounding fabulous.
I'v heard some systems with Ktema. It can sound very good and has the possibility to perform in extreme high quality if the system over all is matched and has got good quality. I don't know for sure but Accordo should be able to sound good to.

TommyC 02-25-2018 02:03 PM

I've heard the Accordo, but in a totally different room. It sounded very good with surprising amount of bass.

But I think going from the Guarneri to Accordo is a side step. Go all the way to the Ktema if you can.

Apexorca 02-25-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyC (Post 901728)

But I think going from the Guarneri to Accordo is a side step. Go all the way to the Ktema if you can.

Yes. Guarneri-Accordo is probably a side step.
Go all the way to Ktema? Depends on the room, but you are probably right in most cases.

daveyf 02-25-2018 11:57 PM

I'm not really contemplating going from the GH's to Accordo's.
Right now in my system, I very very seriously doubt that the Accordo's would compete with the GH's. The Accordo's might compete with Olympica's, but they would have to be miraculous to out do the GH's.
Frankly, it is somewhat amusing as to why people who have never heard a pair of well sorted GH's, can even believe that almost any other stand speaker in the world has much of a chance against them!
I posted the thread to see what others thought, but personally I have no intention of going sideways....never mind backwards, LOL.:icon_thumbsdown:

larevoj 03-29-2018 08:48 AM

Have not heard the GH.

Did compare GM/GE intensively in the same room vs Accordo and IMO both Guarneris are better over Accordo.

Accordo definitely a better choice and performance vs Olympica.

The latest GT and Accordo is a bit of a toss-up and I would go with Accordo for its quality.

Both Ktema and Strad has a very different character and equally good but my preference is the Strad. However, I think its discontinued or soon to be discontinued?

I think the Extrema would be a good one if you are thinking about monitors...cheers!

runnin17 04-03-2018 08:17 AM

@davevf

I am with you on this one. I have Guarneri Memento's and I absolutely love them. The only speakers that have made me want to possibly change (not upgrade, just change) were the Il Cremonese that I recently heard in Denver when I was there.

The Guarneri's just do a good job as long as you pay attention to placing where they need to be and optimizing the room around them. Pair them with some proper hi-fi source and amplification and you just sit back and enjoy the sweet music :)