AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aurender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   New Aurender N100H arrived today (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41120)

smatsui324 01-16-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow (Post 893218)
[emoji1303]

I have a Mac and use XLD to rip and Tag to, you guessed it, tag my PCM files. I have never tagged DSD files but imagine they work with tagging programs too.

I see you have a RP10/Apheta 2 turntable. I do too! I like it a lot. Michael Fremer just reviewed it and he said it's as good as anything he's reviewed.

jdandy 01-17-2018 12:34 AM

smatsui324.......Lets keep this thread focused on the original topic about the Aurender N100H.

nicoff 01-18-2018 04:12 PM

New Aurender N100H arrived today

Quote:

Originally Posted by smatsui324 (Post 893179)
Over the weekend, I loaded about 2 TB of music files into the N100H. I have a lot of DSD files that were ripped by friends from SACDs. Some of these files did not have the artist tag information so they show up in the iPad app as artist unknown. What is the easiest way to add the artist information so that the files show up correctly under the artist name in the app? Thanks.

I suggest that you use a dedicated tagging software like MP3TAG. It is free and you will be able to make all the corrections to all your metadata including DSD files.

Can you connect the Aurender to your computer in a way that the computer can see the music files stored in the N100H? That’s the fastest way.

If not, you can also correct the original files and then transfer them back to the Aurender but that is a more lengthy process.

In both cases, you can use MP3TAG to make the corrections.

Be careful with the type of DSD file that you have. There are two types: DSF and DFF. You can only add metadata to DSF files. The DFF files do NOT support metadata.

smatsui324 01-23-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicoff (Post 893637)
I suggest that you use a dedicated tagging software like MP3TAG. It is free and you will be able to make all the corrections to all your metadata including DSD files.

Can you connect the Aurender to your computer in a way that the computer can see the music files stored in the N100H? That’s the fastest way.

If not, you can also correct the original files and then transfer them back to the Aurender but that is a more lengthy process.

In both cases, you can use MP3TAG to make the corrections.

Be careful with the type of DSD file that you have. There are two types: DSF and DFF. You can only add metadata to DSF files. The DFF files do NOT support metadata.

Thanks for the reply. I can access the files on the N100H but I found out that the files that don't have artist tags are DFF files. As you pointed out, DFF files don't support metadata. Therefore I need to convert the DFF files to DSF. I tried one free program a few days ago to do this conversion but was unsuccessful.