AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Furutech Flux 50 Filter Review (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=23836)

Higgens 11-07-2013 10:50 AM

Dan: thank you for the insightful review. You've established a high standard for equipment reviews and this one is no exception. Just curious, do you plan to purchase the review sample?

MyPal 11-07-2013 10:54 AM

Still playing but at very low volume levels...It is very late in the evening or rather early in the morning & I'm finding it difficult to break away & call it quits.

Masterlu 11-07-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyPal (Post 548671)
Still playing but at very low volume levels...It is very late in the evening or rather early in the morning & I'm finding it difficult to break away & call it quits.

Steve... At least I know I'm not crazy, when I first heard what these did; as far as adding as many as I did that's another matter altogether. :confused-18:

MyPal 11-07-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 548674)
Steve... At least I know I'm not crazy, when I first heard what these did; as far as adding as many as I did that's another matter altogether. :confused-18:

Ivan...Not crazy. I can potentially see myself hanging these off the JL F113s too. :o

They supercharge the performance levels of all components.

For example, a very good interconnect becomes excellent, an excellent interconnect becomes outstanding. The performance gaps are also more discernible due to the magnification. I noticed this when rapidly pre-amp switching cable selection off the same source.

j3brow 11-07-2013 11:48 AM

I find this thread VERY interesting. I missed the discussion earlier this summer. I find myself fascinated with the benefits that further improving one's power supply yields. It also confirms that none of us are ever "done" when it comes to improving our systems. Between the Shunyata products and this little miracle called the Flux 50, well, my head is swimming with possibilities. I will address refinement of my power supply in the near future. I am especially interested in Dan's results with the PS audio PPP powering his MC601s. I'm thinking a pair of the Flux50s on my PPP duo might be interesting. The caveat for me is I don't know how my own power cords will interact, Transparent Reference Powerlink with network boxes.

MyPal 11-07-2013 11:50 AM

Someone needs to try these with cheapo or stock power cords...I wonder....:scratch2:

Masterlu 11-07-2013 12:05 PM

LuJr's Experience with a single Flux-50

http://www.audioaficionado.org/isola...50-filter.html

jdandy 11-07-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmahon (Post 548669)
Dan: thank you for the insightful review. You've established a high standard for equipment reviews and this one is no exception. Just curious, do you plan to purchase the review sample?

Gary.......Yes I did buy the review sample. I wasn't about to take this jewel out of my studio system once I experienced the benefits.

BlueFox 11-07-2013 12:50 PM

So this is a $1300 add on to an existing power cord? Will it turn a stock power cord into a decent power cord? Or does it require a decent power cord to start with? How does it compare to the $1K Shunyata Ztron Alpha power cord?

While the idea of an add on filter to a power cord is novel, at the very least it will increase the DTCD drop across the connection as compared to a non add-on cord. This might limit its application to low current devices if optimum performance is desired. Still, it does represent an interesting idea with possibilities.

MyPal 11-07-2013 12:59 PM

Bud....I'd be curious to know to what extent the Flux-50 will boost a stock power cord. As for the present outcome, ears tell all & the benefit is immediately discernible by a large degree. The Lady walked in blind after the change & recognised the performance boost without a heads up, straight away.