AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Naples Italy in Naples Florida (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=10172)

hkval 09-29-2011 09:29 PM

Naples Italy in Naples Florida

Big, BIG, BIGmove for me. I received a note from one of our AA members a few weeks ago to see if I was still interested in selling my XRT1K's. A couple of days ago Buddy (Audio 1) and I had them all boxed up and they were picked up by Craters and Freighters to be crated and shipped to Michigan. The speakers I originally wanted ended up being too large for the allotted space and this was disconcerting.
Then, IVAN TO THE RESCUE. Long story short - Sonus Faber Futuras (Graphite) were available in Califorina and are currently enroute and should be here the middle of next week. We were both amazed that the day he called to inquire about availability is the same day they ended up shipping them.
I am so freakin' excited about this.:banana:

Masterlu 09-29-2011 09:35 PM

Howard... A huge Congrat's to you and your in-bound Futura's!

chessman 09-29-2011 09:38 PM

WOW! Congrats!

klipschfan 09-29-2011 09:40 PM

Nice!!!

Enjoy the Futura's...:thumbsup:

Was it the C-4's that wouldn't fit?

gtubes 09-29-2011 09:49 PM

Whoa, this is a big deal, talk about fate, love it.

hkval 09-29-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klipschfan (Post 210839)
Nice!!!

Enjoy the Futura's...:thumbsup:

Was it the C-4's that wouldn't fit?

Yes, I was extremely disappointed because they are supposed to be a wonderful speaker and would have kept the same basic look. However, they would have extended beyond the door entrance to the guest room which would have been awkward and really not look right. I did not know this until I moved the Macs out and then made a template to play with the arrangement. Long story, but it just did not work. I have the Dynaudio Focus 140's in my Den and I absolutely love them.
I never dreamed I would end up with the Futuras but when I told Ivan of my situation we decided the Futuras would fit the space and give me the sound I am always looking for.
Ivan made a difficult time "Smooth Sailing Ahead".:yes:

Audio 1 09-29-2011 10:02 PM

HK ....

We both are actively going through some big system changes right now.
It is so much more fun and rewarding to be able to help each other and experience all of this together.
I know that without your help tonight my stress level would be much higher and I cannot thank you enough.

The Amati Futura's will be stunning! This is going to be a great journey and sensory overload.

TommyC 09-29-2011 10:06 PM

Another (to-be) SF owner!

Masterlu 09-29-2011 10:11 PM

TIme to update your Signature. :ok:

jdandy 09-29-2011 10:27 PM

Howard.......I remember it was not long ago that you were toying with the idea of Sonus faber Stradivari's as your next speaker. At the time my feeling was that the Srad's, as sweet as they are, were not going to work for your particular installation. Now that we know SF Futura's are on the way I can say this is the better choice in the Sonus faber line. The Futura's are garnering fantastic reviews from pundits and owners alike, so I have no doubt you will be amazed, thrilled and satisfied with these new speakers, but beyond that the Futura's will integrate with your beautiful living room in a way the Stradivari's never would. Your color choice is perfect, too. I absolutely love my Graphite Amati Anniversario's, and I understand the Futura's finish is even finer. I am so happy for you and Val. I know both of you are music lovers and share many hours of joy listening together. May the new Futura's bring you even greater joy than has previously been experienced in your lovely home. Congratulations.